TDI repair rescue Louisville, KY

ecorob

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 2000 Golf TDI, 1992 Jetta Eco-Diesel,
Hi All.

My 2003 TDI Wagon was disabled (3 weeks ago) near Louisville while I was driving home to Richmond VA. The obvious problem was a failing timing belt tensioner. I shut the car down while it was still running normally with a loose belt. I had it towed to a Louisville repair shop (I will not name just yet). The Shop supposedly did a complete timing belt kit install and now can not get the car running. I guess I picked the wrong shop. You know my frustration since I've done successful timing belt jobs on three generations of TDIs.

I'm coming back to Louisville (by Greyhound) this Friday, March 2nd to deal with this sad situation.

Can any of you local TDI Club folks refer me to the TDI Guru(s) in Louisville OR offer garage space, driveway, whatever and a hand to get me up and running (for fare compensation)? I'll have all my timing tools and VAGCOM with me.

Please PM me you can offer a repair location or tow dolly.

Any help is appreciated.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Bruce, Paramedick on the Forums is in Versailles, near Frankfort.

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
Seeing this kind of late, I wish I would have seen it sooner! I am in Louisville and could have definitely got you going again. If for some reason you didn't get things sorted out, let me know!