09 cbea 2.0 TDI injectors codes (but not so sure?)

Jason H.

TDI
09 Jetta TDI
I am getting codes p0266, 0269, 0263, 0272 all at the same time( no check engine light, only flashing glow plugs light)
No hard starts, idles perfect, runs perfect, no black smoke, no turbo lag.. nothing.. still 45-50mpg cruising on Highway and 36-40mpg city.
On my obd11 (knockoff vagcom if you will) all injectors at idle are with in .1 of each other when the range allows for -2.0 to +2.0
And here is another kicker.. it's only throws the codes on initial start up. I can clear them after and they do not return until I restart again.
I've confirmed that the glowplugs are good although I'm pretty sure if they were bad I'd be getting a correctly associated code. Just changed fuel filter as well.

Any ideas would be great...
189k+ miles on it.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
The injector balance won't tell you much
you want to log groups 140 and 143 in measuring blocks to find the offending injector or sensor

Jason H.

TDI
09 Jetta TDI
After clearing the codes, before I even start the car, after the initial glow plug cycle, the light will start flashing, meaning that it's throwing the codes prior to any issues with injectors, hpfp or the like would show... Could this simply just be 4 bad glow plugs???

Jason H.

TDI
09 Jetta TDI
May be pretty old news to old owners.. I'm a new owner lol..
With that said, I searched my VIN and found that I have not received the emissions related updates.
If I take my car in for the above mentioned TSB, will they have to update? Or force me to update?
Will it cost me now, or do they still have to provide this service free of charge?

Thanks

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I think the Dieselgate fix would still get performed. And by default, the software will be updated.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
With 189k miles on the car, if they perform the updates free of charge..just get a tune after to pick back up your mpg? How much warranty is left after that mileage??