Q: Boost pipes and EGR system

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
reposting in the TDI101 area... (I've got it in the Jetta Mk6 forum too)

Are the intercooler boost pipes considered part of the EGR system?

I've got part numbers... 1K0-145-832-R and 1K0-145-834-AC

These are the boost pipes into and out of the intercooler.

The real question I have is: are these covered under the extended warranty from the emissions modification?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I would call those pipes part of the intercooler system. EGR is a simple bypass that introduces burnt combustion gasses back into the air intake. As far as what they will warranty, who knows?

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
I would call those pipes part of the intercooler system. EGR is a simple bypass that introduces burnt combustion gasses back into the air intake. As far as what they will warranty, who knows?
I agree - I usually refer to these as intercooler pipes. But the warranty book calls them EGR cooler and EGR pipes.... in the end they are the same thing.

Seems the extended warranty covers anything the CEL throws that isn't transmission related.

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
P2563

Well - I have been dealing with a P2563 (flashing glow plug light and then a CEL P2563 pops up)

Since I had the Emissions Modifications done - the warranty booklet said pretty much everything in the exhaust path was covered (EGR, boost pipes into and out of the intercooler, vane actuator and turbo, DPF, etc...)

Had all this work done (boost pipes, vane actuator) and still got the glow plug light flashing and CEL when at idle.

Turns out the vacuum pump wasn't providing enough vac and was replaced (sadly - it wasn't a warrantied part - I thought it would a warranty item but VWoA customer service couldn't/wouldn't confirm it for me)

I still have to drive it a bit to convince myself it's the right solution...