2010 Golf Price Opinion

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
The car I'm looking at has 34k, base model manual, being sold at a dealer for 20k; I am thinking about offering 17.5k and see where it goes from there. Does anyone have any opinions on target price?

marleyi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI 2015 Golf Sportswagen
I bought mine base new for 23k . I would think anywhere from 17.5-19k would be reasonable. If it was an automatic I would think 20k but not for a manual.

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Whether or not I think you could get them to come down $2500 is irrelevant to my beliefs that you never know until you ask.

I haven't been following Golf prices but it seems the cars are overall holding pretty darn good resale value.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
According to the BlueBook, shuld be somewhere around 18.5K
If kelly was selling me the car that may be; I know dealers work off wholesale prices especially for trades. The trade in value was around 17.5 - 18 but they probably undercut him by around 500 to 1000$. Which lowest case scenario they picked it up for 16.5 - 17.

I come in with initial offer of 17.5 they are still making a little money, now I know that isn't much for a dealer to pick up; They comeback with 18.5 (hopefully), I say 18 and see if they play a little lower or I walk. Simple plan, just wanted to get some opinions; I don't NEED this car, I would like it; if we can't agree I will wait for another to come along.

Because I don't enjoy silver, it's nice but not my favorite.

veedubfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 golf
Honestly with these new CR diesels, it's worth the extra couple bucks a month just to buy one new that hasn't been neglected or abused. They hold their value so well that it just isn't worth buying a used one. My 2 cents.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
with gas going up and it being tax season I think the dealer will get more than you offer just my 2 cents, let us know how you do.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
with gas going up and it being tax season I think the dealer will get more than you offer just my 2 cents, let us know how you do.
Got it for 19k flat; I was only 500 off my estimate lol :D

Also had a cargo net, monster mats, oem mats, and a full bottle of fuel additive :cool:

Someone must have been on this forum and traded it in :p

tubesguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf, RC3, Sprint 520
They comeback with 18.5 (hopefully), I say 18 and see if they play a little lower or I walk. Simple plan, just wanted to get some opinions; I don't NEED this car, I would like it; if we can't agree I will wait for another to come along.

"Got it for 19k flat; I was only 500 off my estimate lol :D"

You buy cars like I do. A lot of saying I'll walk, and a bit of writing a big check. ;) Congrats on the purchase.