Q7 fix and towing?

booklovermom

TDI
2015 Q7
Looking for information on towing performance post fix for Q7. I have a small margin but am not far from maximum towing capacity (5600 of 6K). Concerned the TDI fix might leave me unsafe and underpowered in this situation. It is a predicament because dealer will not perform a needed repair without TDI fix, but I am deeply concerned but cannot get any information to put me at ease. Can any of you speak to this situation?

Nate Vr6

TDI
2011 Golf TDi, 2011 T3 Touraeg Lux Tdi
Looking for information on towing performance post fix for Q7. I have a small margin but am not far from maximum towing capacity (5600 of 6K). Concerned the TDI fix might leave me unsafe and underpowered in this situation. It is a predicament because dealer will not perform a needed repair without TDI fix, but I am deeply concerned but cannot get any information to put me at ease. Can any of you speak to this situation?

I've towed 6400 lbs for 500 miles with my Q7. I have trailer brake controller, and the tdi fix. Does wonderful. MPG over the 500 miles over loaded still net 22mpg. I had a 18ft car hauler with a built Jeep, and broke down play set. Used a lot of adblue. The power was not an issue.