Advice please- I want a GOLF TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

superhelix

Hello everyone. I made up my mind would like to have a Golf TDI and am looking for any suggestions, advice. I live in SD and not many dealers around. They don't have golf tdi. Am a bit confused by all the options and what is the difference between brazil and german TDI. What is GL compared to GLS?
Is it better to install aftermarket sound?
Any advice appreciated, also looking for good places to buy Golf from. THANKS, superhelix

Lothar

The GL is a 2 door, the GLS is the 4 door. The GL is much more difficult to get a hold of than the GLS. I test drove a GLS a couple of days ago in Knoxville TN, so if your in a hurry there is one there. The question about the German Or Brazil TDI is above me. I just ordered a GL and it will be 4-12 weeks for delivery. I got the GL because i think it looks better, but i will have to wait for it.

VWBoost

Veteran Member
You can check the different options at www.vw.com. You can build one to your spec. (to a point). Basically, the GLS has the power options, windows, mirrors, sunroof. You can get alloy wheels, heated seats and some other things. I have an 01' GOlf GL TDI and just loving it! I have it in Reflex Silver and black interior. Mine was built in Germany, but the dealer said they were going to move production to Brazil this spring.

------------------
2001 Golf GL TDI Reflex Silver

Lothar

I had the dealer get the parts and they will install a center armrest in my GL, the GLS already has one. I am also getting the alloy wheels installed, overall its about $1000 in upgrades that cant otherwise be Ordered on a GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.