Finally a New TDI

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Careful with spacers, adaptors and centerbore rings (for aftermarket wheels): Mk.7 rear hub snouts are unusually shallow and won't allow some spacers/centerbore rings to seat concentrically on the hubs. The depth of the centerbore chamfer on spacers/wheels/centerbore rings is critical and should be no greater than that of the OE wheels. Even the OE wheels centerbores (i.e., past the chamfer) just barely engage the rear hub snouts.

Front hub snouts don't have this issue.
Great advise! Spacers were originally bought from H&R and have less then 20k miles on them. My buddy had them on his MK6 wagon and already mentioned this to me. Said it will work great but warned me for when I go to buy front spacers (now i know its not as big of a deal). Will prob order fronts from ECS or H&R to match all the way around.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
Any ideas on spacers that would make stock tires pretty close to flush? ECS has a kit for GTI that comes with 15 & 20mm. My buddy has a set of 25mm spacers laying around and hopefully they will work on the backs
I got a set from www.42draftdesigns.com
Haven't installed them yet though. Beautifully made
They had a 20% off sale around Christmas.

I bought the bolts off ebay for my aftermarket rims which have a different profile seat

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Oh.... just removing the parts and link as I see the OP bought a GOLF not a Golf SportWagen. The rear fins are definitely NOT the same between the two. The fins are stock on the new GTI (I drove one for a couple weeks when my heater core was being replaced) so I'd think they are most certainly available here in NA. The fins for the GSW did not come on any VWoA models so we had to go to e-acca in Europe to get them. :)

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Throttle Response Mod:
Open VCDS / Select / 44 - Steering Assist / Security Access / 19249 / Do It / OK / Adaptation / Channel (drop down menu) / Driving Profile Switchover / New Value (drop down menu) / Direct: Controlled over Threshold Value (original was Gradual, controlled by Time) / Do It / Yes / OK / Go Back / close, go back etc.

I thought there was another mod just discovered but couldnt find it now? Any other popular VCDS tweaks for these cars? Bought a REVA that stops at 15's but has unlimited VIN's so I can use it on my dads 15' passat as well.

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Throttle Response Mod:
Open VCDS / Select / 44 - Steering Assist / Security Access / 19249 / Do It / OK / Adaptation / Channel (drop down menu) / Driving Profile Switchover / New Value (drop down menu) / Direct: Controlled over Threshold Value (original was Gradual, controlled by Time) / Do It / Yes / OK / Go Back / close, go back etc.

I thought there was another mod just discovered but couldnt find it now? Any other popular VCDS tweaks for these cars? Bought a REVA that stops at 15's but has unlimited VIN's so I can use it on my dads 15' passat as well.
Turn off the torque limiter:

ABS controller
Adaptations
Starting Vibration Reduction
Deactivated

Also, turn off ASR (i.e. traction control) in your infotainment screen:

Car
Setup
ASR off (top right)

Those two, in addition to the one you mentioned, will get all the power down without nannies. You then have to be diligent with your right foot to keep your tires from spinning.

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Hopefully these can take the place of a tune for a couple months. Thanks for the info guys!

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI

My girlfriend just happened to know the owner of Abraham Lincolns old Home in Georgetown Kentucky. Was beautiful but I just couldn’t help taking a car pic in front of the house haha

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I somewhat miss my 18" Durbans. They are a sharp OEM wheel! Great find on the car and have fun with the mods!
Here's my build thread with updates hopefully just around the corner :)
I’m heartbroken that mine are so curb rashed. I may try to pick a set at some point. It needs spacers really bad but I really like the stock look.

I have already read through your build like 3 times! Haha always trying to get insight for my build. I guess I am turning this into a build thread for the moment. Really hoping fixmyvw comes out with the cr190 kit because I will be all over that. If not i will try to pick out my summer rims

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The CR190 is relatively drop-in. Would need a clutch, downpipe, and tuning to be called a kit IMO. The oil feed and return lines bolt right up. Just needs the GTD intake accordion and compressor outlet damper. Even fits with DPF intact, though I've not heard of anyone running one that way. My whole reasoning behind doing something else was hearing that the CR190 is prone to boost creep. As it turns out, the GTD1752vrk is very boost happy on this motor as well. Would love to see boost logs of a CR190 to compare and see the differences or similarities.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
After 2k miles on the vwr springs, I think they ride similar to stock. Put 1200 miles on the new tdi this past weekend and averaged 42 mpg at 74 mph. Had the chance to test the stock performance with an mk7 R that loved Ed’s headlights. Coming from a very mild tuned alh, it feels quick and I’m very impressed with smoothness of the dsg. I did the two vcds tweaks and noticed a significant difference. Dad didn’t notice it as much in his Passat but I also have a much different driving style haha

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Would love to see some pics. I had to talk myself out of buying the GSW haha Hopefully just picked up a VCDS cable so its time to do those kind of mods.
I know I went lower but I am also interested in how the strut spacers would work.
Not the best picture, but you get the idea. Nothing special externally other than tint.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Not the best picture, but you get the idea. Nothing special externally other than tint.
I wouldn't be able to get into my own driveway but still wish I would have given the wagon a chance.

I haven't looked into it yet (either online or taken the back dome light out) but can we replace our factory LED's? Are the bulbs soldered to the mount or are these as simple as replacing an incandescent bulb?

Last edited:

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
I wouldn't be able to get into my own driveway but still wish I would have given the wagon a chance.

I haven't looked into it yet (either online or taken the back dome light out) but can we replace our factory LED's? Are the bulbs soldered to the mount or are these as simple as replacing an incandescent bulb?
Ed's Golf R reps housing the Morimoto 55k bulbs are a STELLAR upgrade to the halogens and factory housing. Highly recommended upgrade and highly respected dealer and product.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Ed's Golf R reps housing the Morimoto 55k bulbs are a STELLAR upgrade to the halogens and factory housing. Highly recommended upgrade and highly respected dealer and product.
Guess I should have clarified I was talking about interior OEM LED lighting...

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Guess I should have clarified I was talking about interior OEM LED lighting...

Ha ha! Ok, yeah, I can personally recommend the DeAuto LED's. I have an S and the lenses in the car are a bit different than the cars that came with the interior LED's but the deAutoKey made a huge difference.

I'll try to post pictures later of the interior and tail light LED's.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Ha ha! Ok, yeah, I can personally recommend the DeAuto LED's. I have an S and the lenses in the car are a bit different than the cars that came with the interior LED's but the deAutoKey made a huge difference.
I'll try to post pictures later of the interior and tail light LED's.
I already have their reverse, license plate, trunk, and glovebox leds. Their interior kit specifically states it won't work with factory LED's. Was just wondering if anyone has been in the dome light to see how they are mounted. Will just check tonight since my Trim Tool Kit came in.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
So I tried to play a DVD the other day and said couldnt read format? My dad's passat can play dvds but apparently the golfs can't? I was sitting in Park when I tried.

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Does anybody else have a moisture problem in their fog light housings? I put LED bulbs in but they seem to be seated tight. LED bulb housing O-ring was similar in size to OEM.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

Anybody have a part number (or even better know where to purchase) for these rear hatch "wind diffusers".

As stated, GSW and GTI/Golf are different.

For GSW you want the Golf R Variant spoilers.

I ordered mine from http://www.e-acca.com/index.php

part numbers

5G9805946041
5G9805945041

While your add it pick up some areo mods clean up that underbody, this should apply to both Golf and Wagens.

5Q0 825 229 C

as seen here

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8532

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
btw the parts i listed were for the GSW not the Golf. Sorry if i confused you. Golf/GTI fins are crazy easy to find in the state i believe, but I don't have any part numbers.

E-ACCA is about 4 hours a head in lithuania or something, you should be able to modify your order before they ship, they aren't the worlds fastest shippers, my order took 4 weeks to ship.

Here's some more info on the estate/variant fins

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I understand what you meant now after rereading the first post: Been a long day already haha

I contacted them already and will have them change it to the fins for the golf or get a refund. No big deal

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Are these confirmed as the correct part numbers for a golf not GSW?
Yes, that’s why I posted them. You have a Golf, no?

I think I’m just going to stop trying to be helpful. As I posted earlier, just do your own due diligence if you don’t want to listen to others.

The K&N filter was when I should have just moved on.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Yes, that’s why I posted them. You have a Golf, no?

I think I’m just going to stop trying to be helpful. As I posted earlier, just do your own due diligence if you don’t want to listen to others.

The K&N filter was when I should have just moved on.
Was in a hurry when ordering and had the forum up on my phone. I used your part numbers to change my order so thank you.

I guess I am done on this thread since I put a K&N filter in my car and its bound to explode at some point. Thanks to anyone who answered my questions and helped me find some part numbers. Have gotten a lot of useful info off of this forum