SeatBelt Chime Installation

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
Hi my friends, i'm new in this forum. Im from ARgentina.

We are two guys that are tryin to install the SeatBelt Chime. We bought de Sensor but we don't have the installation and wires to take the information to the cluster.

We did some thigs. First we activated with vagcom the light in the cluster but it dissapeared in 6 seconds without seatbelt in position.
We test with the negative in pin 31 but it doesn't work, the buzzer and the light don't stay.

Can anybody knows this ?

Thnks

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
On the 06, the factory installed seat belt contact switch is wired to the air bag control module, pin 55 of the 75 pin connector. The air bag control module communicates, via the can bus, to let the cluster know about the switch contact status.

Most people here live in countries where the seat belt chime is standard equipment. Can you tell us more about what you are trying to install?

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
Thanks for answering. I have a Jetta A4, called Bora in Argentina. It isn't the new Jetta A5.
A few months ago with the Vag-Com we activated cluster seatbelt light but this one was going out after a few seconds without having the seatbelt in position. I realized that there is missing the whole installation that allows to take the information towards the cluster. Precisely cluster pin31 it alludes to this problem. We saw that this pin had 12V but we gave him ground but the light and the buzzer didnt activate.

Which is the problem? Some ideas ?

Thanks.:confused:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I believe you can turn it on in the instrument cluster. On your car what you will get is a chime when you turn the ignition on, and a red fasten seatbelt light. It won't bug you if you take the belt off afterwords, that feature is only found on 2004s and 2005s.

-Jason

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
From this I understand you must have changed the left 2 digits in the soft coding for the cluster. What is the third digit (region code) that you use? It may not be feature for that "region". If you change it to a '2' (USA) you can definitely test your wiring.

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
I really don't know in wich country code is it. I'm going to check it.

MOGolf do you have an installation map to wiring?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No, it is not the same in all regions.

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
MOGolf i check that and have the 3 country code because muy clock is in 12hs, i have a chime when i open a door if i leave the key and a continuous chime when i leave the lights on.

Do you know the wires and the installation is it ? Because i was testing with ground in pin 31 but nothings happend. Probably i must use 12 V?

What is missing?

Thanks.

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
On the 06, the factory installed seat belt contact switch is wired to the air bag control module, pin 55 of the 75 pin connector. The air bag control module communicates, via the can bus, to let the cluster know about the switch contact status.

Is it the same in a Jetta A4 2004?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No the A4 platform cars are different than the A5 platform cars. On A4 platform, cluster blue connector pin 31 connects to seat belt switch pin 2 and seat belt switch pin 1 connects to earth (ground).

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
MOGolf now i have this problem.

I connected all the wires. When i start the engine the seatbelt light stays on six seconds with a chime and then its turn it off and never appears again.

What is missing ? Probably the country code is not the correct.

I see that i have the clock in 12 hs, when i open the door with the keys in the car starts to chime and the same with the lights.

Thanks.

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
Anybody knows the meaning of Cluster Pin 7 ( 32 pin multi- connector blue) thats refer to Terminal 31 sensor /sender Ground

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Pin 7 is related to the washer fluid level sensor, and goes to ground.

The chime, in US, only chimes for the 6 chimes and then goes silent. What are you expecting?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
And on the US cars, if you start the car with the seat belt already buckled, the chime doesn't sound but the light still comes on.

-Jason

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Ok. Well if you code it to act like a US car it's gunna act like a US car ;)

You should find a buddy with the 'proper' seatbelt chime and see how their car is coded.

-Jason

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just looked at this issue again. Don't forget that the soft coding for the cluster needs to be coded for seat belt warning. The left 2 digits need a 2 added to them if it has not been previously coded for seatbelt warning.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Thw seat belt light does not stay on at least on my car (01) about 6 sec. is right. If I start to move the car and do not want the belt on I do not want the light and chimes on bugging me.

AlanJettaTDi

TDI
04 Jetta TDi
I have a question. What happend if i put 12 V in pin 31? Because most of pins works with 12 V. Perhaps stay.

MOGolf. I'd check that, i put it in the 7 countrys but its the same. After 6 seconds dessapeaar.

Any help ?