Vibration

guitargizmo

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Hi everyone! I'm new to VW and TDI and I just purchased my first. I have a question...when i look at the engine while the car is running it looks to be vibrating a lot more than I have seen in other videos. I don't feel much, if any vibration while driving it as she handles and drives like a dream so far. The car has a little over 41,000 miles on it. When I get off work I will take a video and post it in this thread. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Remove bottom cover, move the engine around (may need assist), look for excess play in the mounts. The "dog bone" is a common one, but it's possible one of the other mounts has been snookered. Timing belt service by a hack can create this situation.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The OP said that the car has 41K miles on it...

Remove bottom cover, move the engine around (may need assist), look for excess play in the mounts. The "dog bone" is a common one, but it's possible one of the other mounts has been snookered. Timing belt service by a hack can create this situation.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Speaking of timing belts, given the mileage this thing may have the original factory-installed belt on it; if so, it's exceeded the "years" part of the miles/life spec.