Noob

TDI
01 GOLF GLS TDI
Hello all! New member, first VW and first diesel lol so I got some learning to do ;) figured this was the best place to introduce myself and post my new daily driver as well... only had her for a few weeks, diggin the MPGs and the whole experience! Seemed no matter what I searched on google I always ended back to this forum lol so I figured I might as well sign up. Stock as she comes atm.2001 Golf GLS TDI, 5 Speed. Fixed the glow plugs and harness, o rings on the oil cooler and cleaned the EGR and drained the intercooler so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssaric1.9TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI, 2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Welcome to the club. Have fun with the car for the next 313454 miles. LOL

TDI
01 GOLF GLS TDI
Thanks Rocketeer and SSARIC for the compliments and the warm welcome! I LOVE THIS CAR!!! Dude I bought it from, with the massive oil leak and no reverse, would be livid if he knew all it took was 15 bucks in O-rings and a simple cable adjustment lol

ssaric1.9TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI, 2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
That front end would look cool on my Wagon, same color. If you ever decide to do a swap let me know. LOL

TDI
01 GOLF GLS TDI
just giving a update on the Vw ?? I recently removed the old sagging headliner and installed my own for the first time [emoji51] wasn’t too hard and didn’t come out too shabby lol did some emblem removal on the outside and painted some badges.

TDI
01 GOLF GLS TDI
My most recent work done, was finally finding out what all this talk was about the DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL [emoji85] had a tapping noise since I bought it and figured it was DMF symptoms from online research and where the noise was coming from... went to the store the other morning for smokes and a coffee and barely made it back [emoji24] clutch would go more than half way before even resistance. So, I decide to order a single mass conversion kit and start tear down (week before last) clutch came before the hurricane, but after cleaning and pulled the clutch fork release arm to install the throw out bearing I seen more carnage ??*♂ after a delay in shipping and almost a week later I’m finally back on the road [emoji1316] clutch was toast lol and fork arm wasn’t helping lol like I’m driving a new car. Two floor jacks, by yourself on a garage floor was rough! But doable [emoji41]
o

TDI
01 GOLF GLS TDI
Thanks Geobmx4life! It’s my daily driver and just found out I got a baby on the way... so can’t go crazy with it atm lol got a few silver vw golfs mk4s rolling around here locally, not sure if any are TDIs. Just wanted to do something to be different, but affordable.