Michelin pilot sport AS3+ 2015 GSW TDI S and now I feel like it needs an alignment

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
And this is why a dealer needs to do the alignment and not your normal discount house or tire store they don't even know what this is. Ask me how I know been there done that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dealer said $180 for 4 wheel alignment, is that about average?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
A dealer absolutely does not need to do alignments, in fact VW dealers are in habit of aligning in tenths rather than minutes of a degree which means their alignments are no where near precise. Older b5.5 and a4 did require the vw step toe tool at dealership, but even my b5.5 was fine aligned by an independent.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
A dealer absolutely does not need to do alignments, in fact VW dealers are in habit of aligning in tenths rather than minutes of a degree which means their alignments are no where near precise.
They are? Most shops are using Hunter racks & software these days and Hunter has had a resolution of hundredths of a degree for years. Unless some dealers are using old legacy racks.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I ended up not buying any tires just yet, I had the originals balanced and rotated and they are smooth as silk. When it's time I have decided on the Michelin Premier A/S. When I thought this through I realized that the VW, loaded for travel only weighs about 3,600 lbs that's less than 1K per tire. I am used to heavy trucks where there is more like 2,000 lbs on each tire. For now I will keep a close eye on my Continentals and wait for the fall tire sales.