engine lifting

Twitch

TDI
2003 gls jetta tdi 5 speed
hello been on here for a while and slowly learning these cars I have a 2003 vw jetta 5 speed manual alh engine. within the last 7k miles I have replaced close to everything that could possibly wear on it I recently just did all new suspension. I went with raceland coilovers I know hate on me cause I used some junklands but for the price and the lifetime warranty to the original owner I couldn't go wrong. my driveway is about 1/4 miles dirt road long and couple times I was scraping my oil pan I was cringing. I was talking to my buddy and he said his buddy that use to be in the vw scene use to make engine mounts and lift the engine for better clearance. are there any company's out there that make different motor mounts to raise the engine. thanks for all the help in advance

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
There are spacers that go in the strut mounts and will lift the car an inch or so. It makes all the difference in the world.

I would NOT lift the engine alone. Among other things it may not clear the hood!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Skidplate. Volkswagen themselves as well as several aftermarket vendors offer them.

Suspension lift, will help some too.

With a skidplate properly in place, lifting the powertrain would be worthless, as the skidplate will be the lowest spot anyway.

ktmkris

Veteran Member
TDI
MALONE TUNES DEALER , 2005 beetle tdi dsg, 1998 vw beetle 2.slow, 2003 beetle turbo s, 1998 beetle 2.0, 2006 beetle bew
I have seen the spacers for the engine mounts. You can lift the engine around 1 inch

Twitch

TDI
2003 gls jetta tdi 5 speed
Oilhammer i did the exact opposite i used lowering suspension didnt want a lifted car and i raised the coils a bit so feel alil better i am going to soon get a skid plate and look into the spacer for the engine mount

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I went up one level on springs when I put in my Koni Yellow as part of my suspension refresh and my car is like riding on rails now. No need to raise the engine, raise the body that the engine rests on.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi