DLC520 Nozzles for Fuel economy

alhdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5 spd TDI
Just wondering if anyone is running a DLC520 nozzle at stage 0 or 1 or the 1019 at stage 0? I have done a fair bit of reading and am just not sure if I want the dlc520s at stage 1 or the dlc1019s at stage 0. I remember reading that purely mileage that the dlc1019s at stage -1 are great but I want to at least have 100-120hp and will be getting a tune. My car is stock at the moment and baselined with new parts.

My goal is to get better than stock fuel economy while gaining a power increase.

russman

TDI
02 Jetta summer 00 Jetta winter wife's 04 Jetta
dlc 520's for fuel economy

Yes alhdude iv been running stage 1 520's for about 4 years now and saw a big jump in power and no loss in economy with a fairly big tune from kerma. Likely have to do a clutch though unless you can keep your foot out of it. Good luck with that.
Russ

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf(Summer) 2003 Golf(Winter)
I have the 1019s. Great mpgs. And awesome power. Quite nutty actually. My #s on the left reflect that.

russman

TDI
Are they the 7 hole nozzles there couriorguy ?

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
Yup. And when you do the upgrade, like everyone else suggests, get the injectors balanced and popped tested. Do it once, right, and enjoy for a long time. Not that much more. Worth every penny.

russman

TDI
Yes relatively inexpensive compared to the 17/26 and fmic planned for this year . Will just put the 520s on the beater.

rallywagon

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta, '00 Jetta
1019's Fuel Economy as Good as Stock?

Courier,

Would you say that IF you keep your foot out of it, the 1019s will give fuel economy as good as your stock nozzles?

Thanks,

Scott

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
Yup... Unless you're tromping it all tank long... You're gonna match or better stock setup. At least from my personal experience with my listed setup.

Upside? Double the stock power... In my situation.

Downside? The loads of cash for the mods.

Even driving the daylights out of my golf, now and then, like when passing corollas, mpgs don't really suffer.

My winter jetta.. So far... I'm getting/matching stock mpgs. Pp520s to come soon. And i doubt I'll eat more fuel. Again, unless you're always always goosing it.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
You can put R520 or even bigger nozzles in it and still get better mpg than stock, if you drive normally! With all my mods I get 4.7 L/100Km (50mpg) without even trying. Sorry but all those nozzle "stages" are a cute marketing gag lol.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Yes but why not leave em as intended, if someone gets a stage 1 and then later on wants more it has to be shipped back etc. why not just let them flow as much as possible right out of the box?

But back to the topic at hand.

alhdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5 spd TDI
Sounds like I might as well go with something in the 0.216 kinda range for what I am really after. Basically I don't want to take this thing past 190hp and I know the DLC1019 will get me there. Will also need a PD150 likely , and a 2.5" downpipe, and vnt17, also a clutch likely.

All great info though, seems like you can run what you want as long as you drive fairly reasonably.

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I was thinking about DLC520 nozzles from DBW and the 1.5 tune. I have no interest in changing my clutch out right now my 03 Wagon.

Anybody running that combo?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I think one of the things with going extra big on nozzles is their resale value later if you decide to put the car back to stock. And going by my own experience I would suggest bigger ones straight off.

You don't think you'll want more but it's very addictive

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
I was thinking about DLC520 nozzles from DBW and the 1.5 tune. I have no interest in changing my clutch out right now my 03 Wagon.

Anybody running that combo?
I have that in one of my bugs. My reason was also for the sake of the clutch which has 130k miles on it. Nice combo. Also have those nozzles in my 02 jetta wagon with 6 speed and stage 2.0 tune.