2015 Passat biTDI?

chittychittybangbang

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Assuming the quote is accurate, I don't see any room for your concern/annoyance.
Been scouring the net trying to find something more current than March announcement. No success. Perhaps someone more computer-savvy than I can find more.
It's 100% wrong. Almost all car blogs just copy each other's misinformation.

North American and Euro Passat are totally different cars. The Autobild article talks about the Euro Passat. They're not going to throw out the new Passat chassis after 2 years. The Car and Driver article misread the press release from VW. The US engine is 150 hp. Google the press release and read it yourself.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
It's 100% wrong. Almost all car blogs just copy each other's misinformation.
The blog that was linked in the first post reminds me of the myriad blogs I saw when I was Googling for information on the 2013 Accord and 2013 Rav4 redesigns - short on concrete details, high on questionable speculation, and written like the subtitles on a bootleg movie you got from a shady street vendor in NYC.

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
Every TDI that has ever been sold in North America, all the way back to 1996, has had a DOC (diesel oxidation catalyst). It's the proper name for the "catalytic converter".

Only the 2009 onward models have the DPF, de-NOx catalyst, etc., and those are in addition to the DOC, which remains in the system.
Thanks. I've only been wondering if my 2006 has a DPF for 5 years. It also has an EGR and glow plugs. Any other emissions parts?

asolo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Having just purchased and assuming i'll keep the car for 4-6 years as I usually do, I suspect this confusion will have sorted itself out by the time of my next consideration.

Surely does look like interesting stuff, though. With a few of the Japanese mfgr's ramping up, could be a different world diesel-wise by then.