How to find paint code/ what color is my 2000 Jetta?

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I need to get a new fender for my Jetta and I always thought my car was reflex silver. I found someone parting out a silver arrow Jetta and it looks the same. I looked on the paint pens I got from the stealership and they say it is LST-G9R which is similar to the paint code for silver arrow (LG9R). My VIN number is 3VWSF29M5YM149874. How do I find out exactly what color my car is?

05_passat_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Vw Passat
The paint code sticker should be inside of the spare tire compartment, or somewhere inside the trunk If you can't find it, I would google 2000 jetta paint code location.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Keven,

I ran your VIN in ETKA and your Paint Code is LG9R. So your car is Silver Arrow.

I should also mention that LST-G9R is the same as LG9R. LST just means LackSTift which is german for Touch Up Paint.

Last edited:

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
My paint code (and other stuff) info is on a sticker on the bottom side of the spare tire cover.
Nice looking '00 Jetta.
Is that a 4 stroke Merc on the back of the boat??

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
jettawreck said:
My paint code (and other stuff) info is on a sticker on the bottom side of the spare tire cover.
Nice looking '00 Jetta.
Is that a 4 stroke Merc on the back of the boat??
Yeah I found the paint code today, it is definitely Silver Arrow. The motor on the back of the boat is a 2-stroke 40hp Mercury. Pushes the 1961 Boston Whaler to about 42 mph :cool: