FrostHeater Limited-Time Free Shipping to U.S. Addresses

red golf tdi

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1999.5 Golf Red
For a Limited-Time we are offering Free Shipping to any U.S. Address!

Half-Price shipping to any Canadian address. Price is automatically calculated in the checkout.

Shipping details are on our website under 'Shipping Info & Policies'.

Now is the time to install peace of mind while it's still warm out. :)

ENDS at the end of September!

Last edited:

chazavw

How long do these take to warm car up? Cleveland, Ohio area? Do they carry a warranty?

Thanks Rob

Jim_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf
How long do these take to warm car up? Cleveland, Ohio area? Do they carry a warranty?

Thanks Rob
Depends...

I always had mine on a timer to come on 3 hours before I left. My car always shows normal operating temp when I go to start it.

TDI_Cubed

Veteran Member
TDI
14 BMW 328dX
Jim,

Question on an issue I am having with these heaters. I purchased them through ebay, but wanted to see if you could shed some light where it's not shining :). I have never seen anything close to normal operating temps when using the heaters. I have the car on a 3 hour timer as you suggest. When I get in the car to leave in the morning, it appears to be just as cold as if the heaters were not on ether car. When I feel the hoses, they are hot. I verified the correct height of the heaters. Thoughts?

Depends...

I always had mine on a timer to come on 3 hours before I left. My car always shows normal operating temp when I go to start it.

red golf tdi

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1999.5 Golf Red
Jim,

Question on an issue I am having with these heaters. I purchased them through ebay, but wanted to see if you could shed some light where it's not shining :). I have never seen anything close to normal operating temps when using the heaters. I have the car on a 3 hour timer as you suggest. When I get in the car to leave in the morning, it appears to be just as cold as if the heaters were not on ether car. When I feel the hoses, they are hot. I verified the correct height of the heaters. Thoughts?
We don't sell through eBay, so you don't have a genuine FrostHeater is why it doesn't heat your TDI. :)

turbinia2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, baltic green
red golf tdi, I love my FrostHeater! After over 5 years, the only thing that's wrong is the little plug protector finally broke, separating the cap from the strap. Should I be able to find these things at a local hardware store like Ace, or Menards? (Quickly searching online only finds outlet protectors, sigh). Or do you have a better shipping rate for just the protectors?

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
ahu mtdi samurai swap, 1991 jetta ecodiesel
You should be able to find them at Ace or similar. I work at an Ace and I know we carry caps that go over the end of plugs, and then have a little strap that holds them on.

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
red golf tdi, I love my FrostHeater! After over 5 years, the only thing that's wrong is the little plug protector finally broke, separating the cap from the strap. Should I be able to find these things at a local hardware store like Ace, or Menards? (Quickly searching online only finds outlet protectors, sigh). Or do you have a better shipping rate for just the protectors?
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d....oap?ck=Search_N0650_-1_-1&pt=N0650&ppt=C0076

I think it was $3.99 with free shipping if you order it at the store.

turbinia2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, baltic green
Thanks for the advice, samuraitd and Wankel7. Didn't think to check an auto parts store. O'Reilly is nearby, so is Ace. Nice to have a choice :^)

martin27

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon
You should bring back free shipping or another small sale! I want to order one! haha

Cfidave

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Maybe I miss it on the FH website, are there any instructions on installing the FH on the 2.0 TDI engine? I would like to know how involved it is, before ordering.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Maybe I miss it on the FH website, are there any instructions on installing the FH on the 2.0 TDI engine? I would like to know how involved it is, before ordering.
Easy. After you get it you'll be disappointed how overpriced it is.

Cheaper to buy a zero start from Amazon, plus a 1500 watter, for $70.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Easy. After you get it you'll be disappointed how overpriced it is.

Cheaper to buy a zero start from Amazon, plus a 1500 watter, for $70.

You know it isn't cool to come into a vendor's thread and dump on it like that.

The heater that Terry uses costs more than $70 for just the heater.

Between his hoses that are ready to install, the bracket, detailed directions, and outstanding support the Frostheater product is a good value.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
You know it isn't cool to come into a vendor's thread and dump on it like that.

The heater that Terry uses costs more than $70 for just the heater.

Between his hoses that are ready to install, the bracket, detailed directions, and outstanding support the Frostheater product is a good value.
Well, OK, at the least use a better bracket. I ended up welding a cross over with a bolt hole to catch both sides of the unit instead if the one tiny nut. Now the weld needs to come apart to "unbolt" it.

No matter how much I tightened it,, even to the point of stripping threads and sheering aluminum off the case, it came loose trying to reach around it to tighten hose clamps and frame nut.

And yes, color photos are nice.