Touran clutch pedal getting stuck half way out

Davidpcoates

TDI
2.0tdi touran 53 plate
Hi all,my clutch pedal keeps getting stuck half way out,if you pull it out with your foot it works fine,any ideas what is causing this? Thanks

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
check your fluid level for the clutch, not sure but it might be the same as the brake fluid.
never worked on a touran before but your symptom is common of low clutch fluid or air in the system.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Yeah it shares fluid but it's full?
when was the fluid last changed, its only really good for 2 years. Bleed your brakes and clutch with new DOT (whatever you prefer)
bleed it with new fluid.
your symptom is classical for bad fluid/air in line/low on fluid

Davidpcoates

TDI
2.0tdi touran 53 plate
Hi had new fluid 6 months ago,never loses a drop and is still on full,have pressure bled it,any other idea what it could be? Thanks

wheelnut1

TDI
Audi A3 2.0 TDI, Audi TT TDi SLine Quattro
Hi
Its probably your master cylinder failing but worst
case is clutch slave cylinder failure.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yea, i have seen some cars that never have wetness at all but still loss some fluid, its going into the brake booster or unto the bell housing.
Since your not loosing fluid and you did a flush and bleed, and im assuming you bled the clutch as well, then it sounds like your master or slave is going out. there are seals in them, little o'rings. They can become damages. typical damage occurs when you bleed the system and push the pedal all the way down where it never travels to and the rust and other crap sitting down at the end get into the seal, it leaks or worse it lets fluid past it causing pedal fade or what your describing.

Bottom line, the issue is the hydrolic control of the clutch. figure out whats going bad.

You can take either end apart and inspect the seals.
Chances are you just have a defective part. I would not go throwing $ at it yet, its worth a few bucks of your time to take things apart and find the cause before you put $ into it.

Then again, taking it to a VW dealership might save you time and $
Dealerships do cost bidding. if the job is not complete and proper function restored they must do the work needed to fix it without charging you more.
If you do go this rough, stand your ground and do not pay a dime more than you are quoted.
I've pulled this trick on really though stuff i know is going to open a can of worms and the dealership ate 4x the cost just to fix it because they just follow orders.
Not sure what else to say but good luck, let us know what you find.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I had this on a mk4 golf, ended up being the clutch master cylinder. Wasn't to bad a job other than doing yoga to get to everything lol.

I think you'll need to get right down in there and get a really good look while working the pedal.