Please. NEED HELP. TDI. NO START..I'VE READ EVERYTHING ON TDI 101. NO LUCK!

bugsbug

TDI
1.9 TDI beatle 05
No start, 06 TDI sohc. Beetle. Verified lift pump, 3sec. Fuel, working. 2. Pulled fuel , engine to filter, with return to tank line, clamped shut. Justhe attempted to replace r-109 relay. (Before glow plug lamp in dash turned on with key, then went out...no start). Replaced r-109. Now no glow plug lamp, or tach. Movement, with new or old relay!. Dang! I'm giving it my all an following this site verbatim. .... I keep getting knocked to the canvas!!# somebody have an idea? I've read tdi, 101 until I run out of options. .. my 1st diesel, I really want it to run. I'm running out of ideas here...Please HELP? IDEAS? CHITTY. SOMEBODY? at wits emd. It should run. Baffled Bugsbug.

bugsbug

TDI
1.9 TDI beatle 05
Also, will start with either, acted like a fuel problem. Bought from a so called buddy, didn't know. But injectors were removed, andockers lock downs. He said it ran , just poorly. ...right!

bugsbug

TDI
1.9 TDI beatle 05
Still having trouble navigatin this site. BUT EXCELLENT SO FAR! FAILURE HERE OBVIOUSLY IS ME. 1ST DIESEL! I WILL NOT GIVE UP! Sombody? Anybody? I'm a Newbie. I'm tired of buying GAS!

TDI
01 GOLF GLS TDI
So you do or don’t currently have glow plug light on the dash when you turn the key on? Have you tried bleeding the injectors for air? Did it quit out of the blue? Run out of fuel or had previous work done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
You used either or ether ........ Obviously you missed it in the 101s and How-Tos about to NEVER use Ether to start your TDI Engine............. Never, as in, don't do that.

Was the engine running fine when you purchased it from your buddy? If not, what was it doing? Give all the details but as simple as possible. If not, what did you do to it? Did you change the fuel filter? Did you install something new, anything? How many miles on the engine?

Metal Man

Vendor
TDI
1998 NB TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2014 Tiguan gas, , 2019 E Golf X2
I would revisit the 109 relay. Could it be in the wrong spot? If the check engine light doesn't come on with the key in the on position it won't run.

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
If you crack open and injector, do you get fuel?

Is the fuel shut off solenoid opening? Hows the timing?