How about listing Member Aliases by State

ProgMuscle

TDI
Passat 96 Blue
Just a thought...

If we could find the other Member Aliases that are close to us geographically, we might find we have help on our favorite subject closer to hand than a GTG. Otherwise, we just have to pay attention to the profiles while we surf. I still have not seen anyone from OK.

------------------
'96 Passat TDI
1 GHz Athlon Thunderbird

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
ok,,, I cant stand it any more... gotta find out about your 1 ghz athlon,,is it a 200 mhz front side bus will ddrdram?? I have been looking at the micron as best buy... how does it compare,, do you rip your cds, at what rate and what kind of cpu %...

but I will only use it for the tdi forum... wew!!! almost got in trouble there... like the suggestion about states so we can locate quicker for gtg....Thanks bill

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
ENUTPEN8 spent alot of time last year and made up some good graphs about where we all live. Check it out here, but I believe he has since sold his TDI
. We can setup a voluntary list, but I keep peoples login information private. If there is enough interest, I can probably setup some sort of public TDI Club registration page. Let you look by state/province, etc.

Let me know guys if you would be interested in this?

Fred

ProgMuscle

TDI
Passat 96 Blue
Well, the intent was to keep the info in a database (I am a programmer you know) and let a user query the database for the user aliases in a given state (or whatever). That way the statistics would be kept correct as well.

I really did not mean to give out private information, just make it easier to contact people nearby for scheduling small GTG's.

If you think the data is too sensitive then lets drop the subject. People are getting a little concerned lately over their privacy online (probably a good thing).

------------------
'96 Passat TDI
1 GHz Athlon Thunderbird

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I like the idea of a TDI Club Registration page.

Skippy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon Blue
So how do we start this thing???

I come from Montreal (downtown), Quebec, Canada.... Am i in the databas yet?