ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI

red64chevelle

Veteran Member
TDI
mk6 Golf TDI, mk4 Jetta TDI, Beetle TDI
You guys get a $100 tax for having air conditioning? I saw that in the price info on the last page.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
You guys get a $100 tax for having air conditioning? I saw that in the price info on the last page.
Yep, it's a federal tax payable the first time a car is registered. I looked into in just now and apparently car manufacturers are supposed to pay it but they instead pass it on to buyers. Lucky us, we also pay sales tax on the 100.

P0234

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW
Wow, I can't believe those beady little eyed Canadians pay $35k for a loaded TDI wagon. That's A4 wagon territory. Interesting review though.

Analogeezer

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
Wow, I can't believe those beady little eyed Canadians pay $35k for a loaded TDI wagon. That's A4 wagon territory. Interesting review though.
For whatever reason Canadians really get boned on car prices; I know loaded MX-5 Miatas run like $40,000 ($10k more) and a decent Porsche Boxster (NOT an "S" but a base Boxster) starts at like $80,000.

FWIW loaded TDI wagons stateside run $30k (less whatever discount you negotiate) so $35k is not really that out of line.

They no longer sell A4 wagons in North American but A3 TDI's typically are $40k cars in the US.

Analogeezer

P0234

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW
For whatever reason Canadians really get boned on car prices; I know loaded MX-5 Miatas run like $40,000 ($10k more) and a decent Porsche Boxster (NOT an "S" but a base Boxster) starts at like $80,000.

FWIW loaded TDI wagons stateside run $30k (less whatever discount you negotiate) so $35k is not really that out of line.

They no longer sell A4 wagons in North American but A3 TDI's typically are $40k cars in the US.

Analogeezer
Sorry but A4 Avants could easily be had for 35k. 2012 pricing here:

http://www.edmunds.com/audi/a4/2012/options.html?style=101391383

MSRP: 36400
Invoice:33852

Who actually pays more than invoice for cars these days anyway?

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Who actually pays more than invoice for cars these days anyway?
Canadians, LOL. The best I could do at a dealer was 700 over invoice and I bought 2 cars at the same time. Also keep in mind the prices listed are before sales tax, another 13% gets added to get the OTD price so we get close to 40 on a loaded JSW.

kduchow

TDI
2011 JSW TDI 6MT
Also, you guys can get at true Highline model up there, which this was. That adds at a minimum real leather seats and the fog lights.