2009 Audi Q7 TDI priced at $50,900

buckeye96

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta ?
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/09/2009-audi-q7-tdi-priced-at-50-900/

2009 Audi Q7 TDI priced at $50,900

Touted as the world's cleanest diesel SUV, Audi has announced pricing on its 2009 Audi Q7 TDI will start at $50,900 (plus $825 for destination charges). Dropped under the hood of the 50-state model is a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 diesel that is rated at 221 horsepower. While that may sound a bit low for a seven-passenger SUV, the oil-burner pumps out 406 lb-ft of torque. That's enough to move 6,600 pounds of trailer, says Audi. According to the EPA, the Q7 TDI is rated at 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, giving it a theoretical 600-mile range on a road trip. The Q7 TDI is set to arrive in U.S. dealerships later this month.

geon116

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Passat GLS Wagon, Silverstone
I saw a truck transporter full of Q7 TDIs just north of Yreka, on I-5, today, all white with "Clean Diesel" written on the side of all of them. My guess is that they are probably dropping one off at each dealership.

Wobisobi

Veteran Member
TDI
Missing my Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
lkchris said:
Same mileage rating as my GL, which is bigger and has higher towing capacity. I've been 600 miles on a tank, too--ABQ-TUL
I wouldn't mind the additional space in the third row that the GL offers but...it's a MB:)

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
geon116 said:
I saw a truck transporter full of Q7 TDIs just north of Yreka, on I-5, today, all white with "Clean Diesel" written on the side of all of them. My guess is that they are probably dropping one off at each dealership.

I saw one of these down the block from me in Joliet, Il parked in some guy's driveway. He works for some Diesel performance / injection shop as I normally see his Ford Powerstroke advertising that in the driveway. Must be that VW/Audi is getting the word out however they can by letting Diesel shops drive these things.

V10TDI

TDI
2008 VW TOUAREG V10
Wobisobi said:
I wouldn't mind the additional space in the third row that the GL offers but...it's a MB:)
for truly using the 3rd row, the q7 is just ridiculous. the GL or my LR3 (guzzling beast) have nearly 2x the passenger space in the 3rd row and the seats actually fold flush into the floor when you need the largest cargo volume.

The Q7 would be much more fun to drive though.

Regardless of what you think the mpg is, I am willing to bet the Q7 actually does quite a bit better. The q7's get a lot better when driven for mpg. I don't think the GL is capable of doing much better than it's stated rating having a larger frontal mass and more weight. I am sure the wind drag is more on the GL and it stands taller all the time.

nile

TDI
none
2nd and 3rd row room

from my personal experience

the Q7 2nd row has way more leg room than our previous XC90.
when you move the 2nd row up the 3rd row is adequate for the kids and smaller adults.
the back is smaller than the xc90 due to the adblue tank i guess

Wobisobi

Veteran Member
TDI
nile said:
the back is smaller than the xc90 due to the adblue tank i guess
I don't believe the adblue tank changes anything on the Q7. It's the same as the 3.6 and 4.2 gassers. The Touareg had to have some modification in the cargo area though.

Wobisobi

Veteran Member
TDI
V10TDI said:
have nearly 2x the passenger space in the 3rd row and the seats actually fold flush into the floor when you need the largest cargo volume.
The MB is definitely more roomy in the 3rd row. My Q7 does have fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats though.