How To: B5.5 FM100 5-micron Fuel Filter Upgrade

peiphil

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat GLS TDI and big old Dodge Cummins TDI
Thanks for the help. I am interested in the heated unit, but could not find that option at the dieselstore.com. I saw that it was capable. I think it gets as chilly or chiller here in Montana. We had -30 To -40 multiple days this year and even a -60 wind chill day. I plug her in but if I don't and she sits in the cold(<20f) for multiple days she can be harder to start.
Heated unit is what you want where you live!
I lived a thousand miles north of you for 30 years and I now what wax on a fuel filter looks like!

chrisroser

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS TDI, 05 NB GLS TDI
Reviving an old thread, I'd like to add a 2-5 micron filter on my 05 BHW with a thermostatically controlled heater element. What's available the can use the stock mount? I see the FM100 Top load heater but not sure if that will fit. Thx

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
I've had the Fm100 on my BHW for about a year now and love it. I bought a 2" wide silicone thermostatically controlled 60w 12v strip heater on ebay that wraps arround the ff. I put a switch on it beside my frost heater plug. This past winter, I was able to run B60 fuel with no issues. I wish I had time to do the build thread but do highly recommend it especially you guys at the "north pole".

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i love the fm100 setup. i use them in all my cars. so easy to setup, filters are priced right, and fuel filter changes are a snap (and last a long time unless you get bunk fuel). no problems