Release of 2015 Dieselgate TDI's

03JettaTD

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Does anyone have any insight to when additional 2015 TDI's will be released for dealerships to sell? To add some clarity, I am talking about the used buybacks. My understanding is all new ones with no miles have already been released.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2015 sel grey / black interior
Does anyone have any insight to when additional 2015 TDI's will be released for dealerships to sell? To add some clarity, I am talking about the used buybacks. My understanding is all new ones with no miles have already been released.

Thank you in advance!

Bought one 3 months ago 2015 sel tdi dsg 40,000 miles there out there look on auto trader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
And then add a karma tune with a dsg Transmission upgrade you won’t believe how this vehicle performs once this is done

03JettaTD

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I have been watching the VW Certified Pre Owned site and Auto Trader pretty hard. The warranty they offer if you buy Certified Pre Owned is so good that I really want to try and find one that way rather than buying from just anyone. The prices are very close to the others that do not have that warranty. If someone gets a hold of any inside info about release dates anywhere around NC and surrounding states I would be interested in looking!

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I have been watching the VW Certified Pre Owned site and Auto Trader pretty hard. The warranty they offer if you buy Certified Pre Owned is so good that I really want to try and find one that way rather than buying from just anyone. The prices are very close to the others that do not have that warranty. If someone gets a hold of any inside info about release dates anywhere around NC and surrounding states I would be interested in looking!

I don't think there is any such thing as "release dates". VW is trickling them out to auction continuously. Just keep searching. I agree that the CPO is a nice way to do go, but I've also seen very nice 2015' that people bought new in 2017 when they were released. They are low miles, have the factory 3yr/36k mile, plus the extended emissions warranty. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these private party.

If it was me, I'd figure out exactly what I wanted for options, then I'd search wide to find one and travel for it if necessary.

03JettaTD

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
KITEWAGON,

This is pretty much exactly what I am doing! It seems many used car dealers are unsure if the cars still have a warranty or not. I am going to look now to see if VW has a site to check the expiration date of the warranty.

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
If your in a state that does emissions..

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
If you value the warranty, which you seem to be searching for in particular, keep the tuning in the back of your mind for now. It will more than likely void the warranty. It can be shown if it has been tuned or not. With dieselgate VW has been more aggressive about this in particular.

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
Not true . With kerma u take tune off of Ecu with the q reader then Reinstall it after your service visit they never know what’s on there

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
Only thing I no is a buddy works on theses at a Vw dealer and he said not Visible to him when it is removed

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The new cars when connected to the dealers computer can be seen and recorded by the home office so to speak. Your friend may not see it but VW can and can refuse warranty on the car and they will keep it on record. Like I said if you value the warranty leave it alone until it is done and then do what ever you want. Or assume all responsibility and do what you want. Why search for a car with a warranty and then put it at risk? Not to mention all the people here, VWVortex and other sites are just making this stuff up? I don't think so. Dieselgate has been very bad for VW. If they can legitimately get out of warranty work on these cars I believe they will make every effort to do so. There have already been a few posts here on this very thing.

Last edited:

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
Warranty is nice but it’s not going to stop me from doing ecu upgrades or dsg up grades if they would ever deny a claim it’s not the end of the world for me parts for these cars are not expensive to fix myself my next upgrade is going to be a turbo and a clutch pack for the DSG Transmission I rarely take my car to the dealer anything I have a proper mechanic that works on Vw That I’ve used for 20 years dealers are stealer network’s anyway. Lol

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
But you are suggesting it to someone else who isn't aware, wants a warranty and may not have your skills or access to cheap parts. Not a good thing to do to blindly lead others down the path where they might regret following your advice. They should know and be aware of the pitfalls of making that choice. If someone posts they are specifically looking for a car with warranty, in my opinion they should never be suggested tuning without pointing out that it risks their warranty.

I have nothing against tuning and have done it to at least the last 4 or so tdi's I have had. I will probably do it again after my warranty runs out or has major uncovered emissions issues.

Last edited:

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
When I was looking for a diesel Jetta 2015 I had no idea that they had this great of a warranty it was told to me when signing papers what the warranty was Not a factor in my purchasing I have owned eight of these in my lifetime So I knew the reliability was there I just wanted Fuel mileage

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
Totally understand.. I would suggest if you would like your car to run like it should have came out of the factory do a tune but beware claims maybe denied buy your local VW dealer so take your car to a independent service center for general maintenance.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
But this isn't about you, it is about the OP and the advice you gave them. As you have stated you could care less about your warranty coverage. The op said they were searching for a car with warranty.

The decision you made for you, follows my advice. You don't care, do whatever you want. They do care, leave it alone.