Volkswagen Racing UK TDIs

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Got a short email from Sam Roach at Volkswagen Racing UK. Below are some pics of the cars they are racing.

The Golf runs 220bhp and almost 500NM (360 ft/lbs)torque, and won the last 2 races of 2002 outright, setting 2 new lap records which surprised more than a few people! It has also been 100% reliable despite the power and torque figures, giving about twice the economy of the petrol racers we are up against.

The second vehicle here is a bit of end-of-season fun. It is the UK’s first ever racing van, a Caddy. This one is running a mere 200bhp from the TDI motor. And it didn’t finish last! Rather odd handling from the rear suspension, though!

[ November 21, 2002, 18:49: Message edited by: VW Derf ]

meshplate

I read an article on this car and it turns out that it is not a PD engine, but a distributor pump engine. Therefore it is a not very distant relation of the US spec cars.

Are they selling any race parts?!

jjvincent

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Green
Here is a site that you might find of some interest. There is information on TDI's but mostly for rallying. I bet you can buy any part you want as long as money is no object. Take a look at the cataloges and you'll probably find many interesting items. This team is basically running Group N Jettas. Even though the cars are not diesels they were able to get Gr. N parts (which are allowed by SCCA in WC). I bet they could get you some racing parts but it still comes down to the issue of money. If you have it you can get it.

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
Guess where the info on which injectors to use in the Caddy came from? Me !! Simon Paine rang me via Bosch to find out which injectors are the biggest he can they can use.

meshplate

tdi rs,

so what are the biggest injectors we can use on US cars? We have only TDI 90s. They come with .184s. Do we need to add an 11mm pump to the mix?

Thanks

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
The injectors i use are the T4 AHY/AXG 5 cylinder transporter Bosch number 0986430407 and 0986430408