Finally a New TDI

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Going to do the paperwork for my platinum gray metallic 2015 golf tdi sel this afternoon after work. $16,500 and only 15,000 miles on it. No lighting package but I already ordered the R replica lights with HID's from BECAUTOPARTS. Also ordered some VWR lowering springs and a drop in K&N air filter. Will get some pics posted later tonight.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Going to do the paperwork for my platinum gray metallic 2015 golf tdi sel this afternoon after work. $16,500 and only 15,000 miles on it. No lighting package but I already ordered the R replica lights with HID's from BECAUTOPARTS. Also ordered some VWR lowering springs and a drop in K&N air filter. Will get some pics posted later tonight.
Sounds like a good deal.

The K&N is a waste of money.

I wouldn't do lowering springs either, but it's a free country.

Enjoy.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
The K&N is a waste of money.

I wouldn't do lowering springs either, but it's a free country.
Have always done the k&n. Will prob do a full intake at some point. Yes i understand it doesnt do much power wise if anything.

Hopefully won't have them (VWR springs) on for more then 20-30k miles. Want to do coils or a bag setup.

Thanks though I am really excited and I thought the price seemed pretty reasonable.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
but it can hurt your engine
Thanks for the concern.

After the recent discoveries on this forum I am going to save up to buy a new vagcom cable so I can do some things with that. Will prob do the same to my dads 15 passat tdi. Had it for my mk4 tdi but with all the electric issues i could only talk to the motor lol

tdiinsc

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 14' Jetta TDI
A dealer by me has a bunch of TDIs on the lot, all at resonable prices. We picked up our 15' sportwagen DSG S CPO with 10,500 miles for $15k OTD. We couldnt pass that deal up :)

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Im doing the sand CAI. its a really cool mod all the teen guys are doing. Its cheap too.
1. Open filter box
2. Remove air filter
3. Fill the filter box full of sand
4. Reseal filter box and drink a beer.

Its the exact sam thing as K&N with no initial money down. Same long term costs.������

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Im doing the sand CAI. its a really cool mod all the teen guys are doing. Its cheap too.
1. Open filter box
2. Remove air filter

Its the exact sam thing as K&N with no initial money down. Same long term costs.������

See post #8 above. Don't waste your time.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Okay are we done with the drop in/CAI comments? Sorry I "wasted" a whopping $50 on a stockish part.

I plan on doing deletes etc. but that will prob be frowned upon as well. Everyone does builds there own way. Oh well just wanted to share my new purchase after scoping the MK7 Golf Family for a year now.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
1. Open filter box
2. Remove air filter

But the sand mod doesn't come with a cool horsepower boosting sticker you can put on the window.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
We are going to need those pictures. That seems like a heck of a good price for an SEL, lighting package or not. 6MT or DSG?

Do you mind sharing what the dealer was asking? I was on autotrader looking at 2015's last night and I don't think I saw any SEL's below $20k.

I posted today that I had talked down a dealer to $16,300 on a base model 2014 with 3 times that mileage on another thread. I like your deal better!

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I couldnt find many SEL's on autotrader if any. Try CarGuru. The car was just posted 2 days ago and just happened to be 20 min from me.

DSG and no lighting package. Will get pics when I go to dealership after work. They have it listed for $16,493.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Okay are we done with the drop in/CAI comments? Sorry I "wasted" a whopping $50 on a stockish part.
OK, send it back for a refund and waste the money on your wife AKA take her out to dinner it will be money better spent than on that air filter. If you cannot do that please don't install it in your car just throw it away with a $50.00 lesson learned. Don't use it will cause more harm than good.

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI

Settled at 17,500 and they have to get me a new Courtesy shelf for the back.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
If you really want to change the car, save your pennys and get a tune.

Then you're eye will be open. Then get an open intake if you want more sound.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
If you really want to change the car, save your pennys and get a tune.

Then you're eye will be open. Then get an open intake if you want more sound.
Trying to wait for deletes so I can just do it all at once. Really liked Sport Mode and the normal Drive Mode responded a lot better then my dads 15 passat.

Came with factory leds but I am kind of bummed with how dim they are. Neuspeed seems to be about the only intake for these things.

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Any advice for installing VWR springs would be great. Shouldn't take long but tips always help lol

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Are you sure that you want those springs? Another member here installed them and reported a very harsh ride. Just an FYI.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Compared to my warn out MK4 suspension it will feel fine. Drove an F-350 as a daily before that so it should still ride like a cloud to me. Will convert to coils next year so im not on stock shocks for that long. And if I dont like them, I will just throw stocks back on, no big deal. I saw that post in the "what did you do to your tdi today" thread I think. I have ridden in gti's with VWR springs and i thought it rode great.

Really worried about picking out coils because of so many mixed reviews. Might just spend the coin an do a bilstein set but that is later down the road.

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The VWRs were OK on my GTI for about 10,000 miles and then it feels like they blew out my stock dampers or something. The car went from firm and sporty at first to absolutely brutal on bumps or roads with any unevenness whatsoever. I can't recommend them. I'm looking into coilovers sometime this spring. Wish I'd bought once and cried once.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
The VWRs were OK on my GTI for about 10,000 miles and then it feels like they blew out my stock dampers or something. The car went from firm and sporty at first to absolutely brutal on bumps or roads with any unevenness whatsoever. I can't recommend them. I'm looking into coilovers sometime this spring. Wish I'd bought once and cried once.
Was it just out of nowhere? Glad to hear they were fine for awhile but have you investigated at all?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Was it just out of nowhere? Glad to hear they were fine for awhile but have you investigated at all?
No, it developed over time to the point that I dread driving twisty, uneven back roads now. Like I said, they’re coming off when it warms up and I’ll probably go with Bilstein B14s. I’d love to do KW street comforts but they’re almost double.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
I think Bilsteins and going to give you a smoother ride based on what I got out my past GTI and Vanagon. I have KW's V2's on the front and V3's on the back of the Beetle and they are adjusted to firm to handle the trailer. When running them with the weight of the trailer, they are reasonably smooth, but when the trailer is off the car, the ride is quite stiff. Good for removing kidney stones!

KW's are really overkill for most applications (even mine) and quite pricey as well.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think Bilsteins and going to give you a smoother ride based on what I got out my past GTI and Vanagon. I have KW's V2's on the front and V3's on the back of the Beetle and they are adjusted to firm to handle the trailer. When running them with the weight of the trailer, they are reasonably smooth, but when the trailer is off the car, the ride is quite stiff. Good for removing kidney stones!

KW's are really overkill for most applications (even mine) and quite pricey as well.
Thanks!

OP not trying to derail your thread. Hope the info is helpful for you as well.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Thanks!

OP not trying to derail your thread. Hope the info is helpful for you as well.
Nope open to any info regarding these cars! Great first person experience with products, especially coilovers. Being 22 and coming from trucks, my definition of a firm ride is probably different then others haha

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Years ago I had a '55 Chevy 3/4 ton truck with leaf springs all around and an MGBGT. Going from one to the other was a totally different world.

Your new car just looks like it wants to go fast. Have fun & be safe.

What part of Ohio, BTW? I grew up in Waverly. Some fun turns in that area.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Years ago I had a '55 Chevy 3/4 ton truck with leaf springs all around and an MGBGT. Going from one to the other was a totally different world.

Your new car just looks like it wants to go fast. Have fun & be safe.

What part of Ohio, BTW? I grew up in Waverly. Some fun turns in that area.
We just retired a 59 chevy 3/4 ton as the farm truck at grandmas. Now that was a stiff ride :eek:

Really trying to hold out for deletes but may just tune it this year and wait for next year. I am living in Canton.

Car was bought in Akron from North Coast Auto Mall. If it didnt have 15k miles on it I would never buy another car from them. I had 25 miles til empty, tires all at 21 psi, needs an alignment, and good thing i bought new headlights because it looks like someone rock blasted the current headlights. Oh well I saved 1k+ and it was within 20 miles from my house. Anyone know the name of our stock rims? the back are curb rashed something fierce. I have seen some oem rims floating in classifieds.... I think. Starting to fall in love with them and really want to replace them.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Trying to wait for deletes so I can just do it all at once. Really liked Sport Mode and the normal Drive Mode responded a lot better then my dads 15 passat.

Came with factory leds but I am kind of bummed with how dim they are. Neuspeed seems to be about the only intake for these things.

Deletes have been out for quite a while now, granted if you are going for "phase 2 fix" it'd be best to hold off deleting anything.