Extended warranty, post TDi scandal

Q'sTdi

TDI
2015 Golf S Tdi
So guys I am new to the forum. I bought a certified 2015 Golf TDi, DSG with 19,500 miles. I also bought a 5yr/80k extended warranty. Now that I am reading up on VW agreement, it seems that besides emission, fuel system, turbo and DSG may all be already covered for 150k/8yrs. Not to mention that as a certified it's already covered bumper to bumper for 2yr/24k from the date of sale.

My question is that, am I understanding the settlement correctly, and if so, do you guys think that the extended warranty is overkill?

I am fairly capable mechanically, unfortunately electronics is my weakness.

Should I keep the warranty or return it?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

PS. I understand warranty is a gamble. (I have owned over 35 vehicles rearly taken them to shop/dealers for repairs). Only bought warranty one other time but kept the jeep for 2yrs only. I am older now so I am planning to keep this for a while (last 3 I kept for 4yrs each).

2015 Golf TDi
2007 Z4 coupe 3.0si
1997 GMC Suburban K2500, 6.5L D
1995 HD Haritage Classic
2013 Lexus 200h (wife)

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I wouldn’t buy another warranty with CPO and the diesel settlement warranty already in place. The value for expense is not there.

Claybreaker

TDI
2015 TDI Golf SE
Why buy another warranty when mind came 2yrs unlimited miles plus 11yrs 162k on engine, turbo, exhaust etc...

hillmatic

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Depends I guess.

How solid are the automatic transmissions on these? Other than that, the warranty seems to cover a lot (except electronics)

hillmatic

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Depends I guess.

How solid are the automatic transmissions on these? Other than that, the original warranty seems to cover a lot (except electronics)

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I bought mine new and got GEICO's MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance) on it. Cost about $8 month and covers anything not covered by the other warranties for 7 years/100k miles. After a $250 deductible on a covered loss, MBI covers repairs to all mechanical parts of the car (except for maintenance and wear and tear). Other than regular maintenance I shouldn't have anything to worry about for at least 6 more years.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Every single extended warranty ever sold made money for the dealer selling it. Fact!

Cancel it and pray you can get all your money back.