The 400k mile club!

TDI_Michael

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf GLS
434k on the Golf. Bought new in Oct. 01. Oil bypass kit since 31k. Stock except for upgrade to Bilstein HD's all around. Removed head once and had valve guides replaced. Normal items replaced over the years.
1 Turbo
1 alternator
1 a/c compressor
1 clutch
1 injector nozzle set
1 starter
1 MAF sensor

Still have the original transmission but 5th gear stripped out a few weeks ago and starting to have trouble shifting into 3rd and 4th. Have a used transmission that will soon be going into it. Been a great car.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Still have the original transmission but 5th gear stripped out a few weeks ago and starting to have trouble shifting into 3rd and 4th. Have a used transmission that will soon be going into it. Been a great car.
Bits of the 5th gear are floating around in the transmission, and may have damaged the 3rd and 4th. Or wrecked the synchronizers. If the transmission is removed, the gears cleaned in a solvent bath then inspected, the synchronizers replaced, and a new 5th gear installed, then you should end up with something as good as new, and more reliable than a used one.

But since you already have a used transmission, then I suppose that is the easiest way to go. But don't throw out your old one.

BCFP

TDI
2009 JSW
Made it into the club today. Not for sure but think it is the first CR TDI to make it here. If anyone knows of another I would be interested. Currently all issues I face are uncharted so would be good to hear from others.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
BCFP, good question, but not something to be discussed in this thread. Start a new one with that inquiry. This thread is just people who have reached 400k, and hopefully some back story, best story, fun drive, biggest surprise, etc.

Congratulations. Did you think you would put so many miles on one car?! :eek:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
BFcf. Ok 400000 on 400 miles on trip and 14 on miles traveled and the time is 1407 it's a little suspect.:)

BCFP

TDI
2009 JSW
BFcf. Ok 400000 on 400 miles on trip and 14 on miles traveled and the time is 1407 it's a little suspect.:)

Honestly the time and miles traveled were by accident. Did plan out the trip computer but after that many hours in the car I had to think of something to celebrate. Can send over a new one with another 350 miles added to it. This is my work car so purchased it knowing I needed to rack a ton of miles and not have to keep recycling rigs. Think that the choice I made was the best one and would get another TDI tomorrow if some moron decides to crash into me as I am not sure when this car will ever decide to quit on its own.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Honestly the time and miles traveled were by accident. Did plan out the trip computer but after that many hours in the car I had to think of something to celebrate. Can send over a new one with another 350 miles added to it. This is my work car so purchased it knowing I needed to rack a ton of miles and not have to keep recycling rigs. Think that the choice I made was the best one and would get another TDI tomorrow if some moron decides to crash into me as I am not sure when this car will ever decide to quit on its own.

I do believe you, that you have 400K.Y

Start your CR 400K thread and give a history on the car.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
500,000 km? With the current exchange rate, isn't that like 200,000 miles? :p
LOL. That's just a hair over 300,000 Miles;).

Don't even start on the exchange rate...good grief...:cool:

There was an old 01 Jetta for sale here locally last winter with 768,000 kms on it...that's getting pretty close to a half a million miles.

rhg

TDI
02 Golf 4dr 5M GLS
I have over 450000

I replaced the oil pump and chain plus cam and lifters as preventative maintenance last timing belt job. I change the oil at 15k intervals and the engine looked very clean inside. No burning oil or leaks.

[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

tonystdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 700K miles, 2000 Jetta 288,000 miles
My odometer just quit at 621,358 miles. Will have to reset and continue on to one million miles.

snakesausage

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A3 TDI 2002 Jetta TDI Wagon 5spd 300k miles 2000 Jetta Sedan 5spd 500k miles
Just hit 400,000 miles last week. This is on my daily driver, not my wagon. I bought this car for $1500 a few years ago with 237,000 miles on it and have put very little into it besides regular maintenance.

durtdzl

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 tdi
I have 412k miles on mine. Bought it for 1500 bucks, with 158k. I don't know why but I'm not allowed to add attachments