Dynos/log File/video

buckweat diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit truck diesel 2000 tdi
this Is For Pure Numbers
if You Have Mods And Can Back The Product You Use Stand Up
If Not Sit Your Rear End Some Place Other Than My Thred...
dyno Sheets Video Or Log Files

no Bashing. Or Im Better Than U Are

this Is For Facts Only

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Howdy, Buckweat. Happy New Year to you!

I have "before" and "after" for my '00 Mk4 Jetta:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

(AHF conversion w/RocketChip Stage2, Bosio Sprint 520s, OE MAF contaminated by K&N, OE airbox, OE CAI, OE air filter, OE exhaust)

RAVEN

Here is my graph from Saturdays RR day!, although I loaded a new file from Aligator yesterday (Sunday) so hopefully have a little more!;)

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Heres a link to my dyno run from last summer. The car had GT2259V, 12mm head, FMIC, SDI intake, custom cam, and a program by aligator. The setup was very unfinished and the figures improved even with that turbo, but no dyno plots of it tough. Will see what it has when I dyno it next time. Additional mods to this date are: Ported head, 12mm->11mm full pump, gt2259v->gt2256v, lift pump.....

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/hatemi/?action=view&current=iq1-2.jpg

You can see a video of a pull on third gear and some other pictures+vids here:
http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/hatemi/

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
2.5TDI 5cyl. Perhaps dyno did not give enough resistance for the engine because boost accumulated slowly and didn't stay up. No such problems on the road where it atleast feels most powerfull between 4000-5000rpm. In any case, 124 hp/litre proved.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
How can I post a vaglog run WOT from 2000RPM till 4800RPM 3rd gear pull? not sure how to convert the excel file into a chart.

pellesmil

TDI
1997 Audi A6 1,9ahu and 1996 Citroen Jumper campervan (DIY) 2,5TD (soon TDI)
shadowmaker said:
2.5TDI 5cyl. Perhaps dyno did not give enough resistance for the engine because boost accumulated slowly and didn't stay up. No such problems on the road where it atleast feels most powerfull between 4000-5000rpm. In any case, 124 hp/litre proved.
nice:D

have y tried the butt-dyno ? i guess y end up with a hell of a wheel spin but it could have been fun to see the figures, (and i guess 5000 rpm in 4 gear is not iaw highway rules) :cool:

pellesmil

TDI
1997 Audi A6 1,9ahu and 1996 Citroen Jumper campervan (DIY) 2,5TD (soon TDI)
20IndigoBlue02 said:
http://forums.audiworld.com/vag/msgs/457.phtml

Once that is done, you can take a screeen shot (ctrl-shift-Print screen) and past it into MS Paint, then save as a Jpeg

Then upload to the TDIclub pic server
An easy metode is to run the easyDiag and open the csv file (from vag-com) in that program
It sorts out the different groups so y can just pick out the values you need , and remember, as long as y run the same flat road and the same car y can reuse the deacc. values from your first run, just correct them to fit the time stamp.
All later dynos only need a accl. run

sorry about the bad dowload link y might find a better in the cyberspace

joevat

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI PD
i love how they say a downpipe adds no power, and how 3" is overkill.
Nathan proves it.
some people just talk to much.

NathanMSL said:
Dyno before and after the 3" exhaust. My signature expains the rest.

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
pellesmil said:
nice:D

have y tried the butt-dyno ? i guess y end up with a hell of a wheel spin but it could have been fun to see the figures, (and i guess 5000 rpm in 4 gear is not iaw highway rules) :cool:
It's the first time I've heard about butt-dyno, but it seems really interesting. I certainly will do that, but have to wait because it's damn cold outside (-33 Celsius) and there's no traction untill spring arrives. :mad:

There's no point for doing butt-dyno with three first gears...

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
So if I'm reading that right, Hatemi, your car's putting down 517nm (approx. 380tq) at around 3000 rpm and 193km (approx. 260hp) at around 4000-4200 rpm, right? Nice numbers!

I'm also noticing the power curve is very similar to my last dyno where the turbo took a while to spool up to full boost. It seems that between 2000 and 2500 rpm there's not much going on, then it starts to come alive after that.

Last edited:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Ed's TDI said:
So if I'm reading that right, Hatemi, your car's putting down 517nm (approx. 380tq) at around 3000 rpm and 193km (approx. 260hp) at around 4000-4200 rpm, right? Nice numbers!

I'm also noticing the power curve is very similar to my last dyno where the turbo took a while to spool up to full boost. It seems that between 2000 and 2500 rpm there's not much going on, then it starts to come alive after that.
Very much like mine also Ed's but hopefully it'll be seen if we can get it to spin up 400rpm or so sooner.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=35554&cat=500&ppuser=14463

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
This is my current dyno. Done using NOS and propane injection. Have done a fair bit more since and am pushing for a 300bhp propane and diesel only power in the new year. :)

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Only 20hp off the 300hp mk which i reckon the 12mm ip plus other mods will make up the difference in 2008.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
The 12mm will make all the difference. Even more so because youre nozzles are LARGE :D With 12mm the spray and atomization should improve.

mojogoes said:
Only 20hp off the 300hp mk which i reckon the 12mm ip plus other mods will make up the difference in 2008.