Why does it feel weak?

El Jimador

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon TDI
Hey guys, so recently i noticed my fuel return lines from my injectors were wet with diesel when i would use the car and drive. so i changed the lines, and bled the system, but after i did that the car feels weak and from what i've noticed the turbo isn't spooling up as much when i put my foot down as it used to. Any ideas what it could be? and by feels weak i mean as in it feels like it has lost power.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
You need a vag com scan to see if codes have been thrown.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Probably either left or inadvertently knocked off a vacuum line or if they are original, almost any movement of them causes breaks/etc. Also a cracked or broken hard line from the master cylinder brake booster is often cracked on the back side where it's hard to see. Any vacuum leaks affects the turbo actuator.
First things to check on a long list of possibilities.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Interweb guessing the leak was not in the fuel returns, but an injector or the pump or maybe a fuel line. You can rule out leakage by observation, then move on to low power issues.

El Jimador

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon TDI
@bobnOH the leak was in the return lines because after i changed them, there is no diesel leaking. its just after i changed the lines and bled the system, for some reason the turbo isn't spooling up as high in the higher end as it used to

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
ANY obd2 scanner will pull your codes. VCDS will help you work on the car if you need it.

Main cause of limp mode or loss of power is usualy a vac/boost line gone bad or a boost leak or lack of boost on demand. Many other issues cause limp mode but this is the most common. Pull the codes at autozone for free and report back.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
Make sure the vacuum vent hose gets reconnected to the airbox, too.
It will help keep debris from being sucked into the vacuum system.