Back in a VW.

ramn4ver

TDI
2014 Jetta
Have owned many air cooled VW's. Meet my wife in a VW shop. Now have a almost new 2014 Jetta 6spd w/18k on it. Looking forward too fun driving times behind the wheel.
[/IMG]

hutchmanhd

TDI
03 tdi
Real friendly place........... A guy gets a new car and posts a picture and besides me, NO ONE says nice car, have a nice day, or anything. What the heck is wrong with you people?

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
Car looks great, any plans for it? I am sure you will enjoy it.

hutch, this club is one of the friendliest clubs online that I have seen. Just because no one posts on a thread doesn't mean any thing. Attacking others for not posting is more unfriendly than them not posting on a thread.

hutchmanhd

TDI
03 tdi
Car looks great, any plans for it? I am sure you will enjoy it.

hutch, this club is one of the friendliest clubs online that I have seen. Just because no one posts on a thread doesn't mean any thing. Attacking others for not posting is more unfriendly than them not posting on a thread.
i've been around here for a long time and know exactly what kind of place this is and it sucks that nobody responds to new members like this.

ramn4ver

TDI
2014 Jetta
[/IMG] My old 14 mpg ride. Now just enjoying my 48 mpg ride...:)

Gary
My 98 Dodge 12v. 240,000 miles.. still going like new. Just needs paint.

Last edited:

ramn4ver

TDI
2014 Jetta
Hutchmanhd...you old goat...life is great with my new VW TDi...:)

Cruzing to work this morning 60 mph...
[/IMG]

Last edited:

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
a bit blurry, but nice mileage. I am pretty certain that's what my eyes would see at 1 am though

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta, Totalled late 11. 2012 Passat TDI w/DSG and a 2012 Golf TDI. Golf traded for a 2013 beetle
am driver

a bit blurry, but nice mileage. I am pretty certain that's what my eyes would see at 1 am though
Even that would look pretty good for me at 1am. I even leave the house at 3:40. Even then everything is double and tripal. Good thing I only go 12 miles before I get to ride with someone else.

But I would really like to get an actual 62 mpg. my 13 bug gets really close to 44 avg and think about getting an elio every day.

Ron

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
enjoy tdi's are the best!

Texan1983

TDI
2014 Jetta
I also just got a TDI jetta... liking it so far.

But like your cummins as well!

Here is mine

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Welcome back! I drove a 98 Jetta TDI for 16 years and feel like my 2014 brought me into a new club. ;) I hope you enjoy it. I'm looking forward to a tune in six months. :cool:

Real friendly place........... A guy gets a new car and posts a picture and besides me, NO ONE says nice car, have a nice day, or anything. What the heck is wrong with you people?
I cannot speak for everyone. For me, the "Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery" is a low-volume place. I don't come to this folder every visit and I'm often intrigued only by the modified cars, mostly because they pique my interest by providing a different visual or technical treat. I almost never wander into the Golf, Beetle or Passat photo folders. There are other folders I never enter such as Emissions, Alternative Fuels, etc. I have target areas I try to hit in my limited time online, mostly the Performance-related sections, MkIII and MkVI folders, and a quick peak at the Eastern regional folder. I don't post much these days because I prefer to leave a higher signal-to-noise ratio (this post being an exception). I don't even click on most topics. The subject "Back in a VW" got me curious today, but apparently not during my last few visits. I'm not sure why.

That said, I agree with "midntdi" in that this is a very friendly place. I think most here are less-inclined to post a two-word comment ("nice car") than they are to provide detailed, helpful and encouraging support when a member has a problem. My own new car thread has relatively little activity. I'm not offended because 1) I know not everyone visits this folder and 2) I haven't posted anything terribly interesting in there. Someday someone will have a question about something I did. That's usually when these threads wake up a bit. My Mk3 thread is proof of that. :)

Sorry about the derail, ramn4ver. I simply wanted to provide at least one explanation for why decent people may or may not reply to every "see my car" topic. I suspect most haven't even seen this one. But the higher number of replies may suggest there's something interesting in here and bring additional traffic. ;)

Enjoy the Ride!

Scott

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I agree with Scott. Even my thread hardly gets a glance anymore like it used to, and I'm not at all offended. Enjoy your TDI and this club. A bunch of great guys (and a few gals) and lots of good information.