VCDS near Monticello MN?

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
Anyone available to help a brother out this week? Need a VCDS to retract the cylinders on the rear brakes, tried to do it mechanically and I'm at my wits end. I am in Monticello Minnesota.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I am in North Mpls with VCDS HEX-CAN. Ah you need a MetalNerd tool to retract the cylinders not VCDS. Of course I have both. Text me 3202671807.

I just watched a youtube video and the brake are no different then my 2002. You need to wind the the piston back in while pressing it in. This came about when disk brakes were put on the rear and the Transportation Safety Board said we need mechanical mechanism we do not trust hydraulilc.

Last edited:

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
Thanks a lot for the offer, but I figured out just like you said, you have to rotate them as you turn them in. With a little custom engineering on my C clamp, I made a jig to do that. Thanks again though I really appreciate the offer!

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I have a way cool tool. But yeah a C clamp and channel locks will do it in about 10 times faster and with no effort. Glad you were able to figure it out.