CEL & P2050 code.

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
The car is in my sig at the bottom of post. CEL comes on and when I put the code reader on it gives a P2050 code "Reductant injector circuit open" Any Ideas? I've had the car since new 14 months ago. No other issues and no change in MPG's. So I don't think there is an actual injector issue. Should be covered under warranty, appt at dealer is set up for next week.

Any Ideas of what's the problem?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
A fault in the DEF injector circuit. Could be the injector itself, or the wiring to it, or the ECU's output for that component.

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
Update - Took the car into the dealer yesterday. They stated that the DEF heater was shorted out and needed to be replaced. $842.70 USD covered under warranty. I was happy that they had the part in stock. I live 100 mi. from the dealer.

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Just had the Adblue pump and injector replaced under warranty at 20k on my 2013 Passat (CEL). I was given a new Jetta gasser as a loaner... gutless! My car is running better than ever since the repair, so there may have been some issues from the start.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
...until you get rear-ended trying to get up to highway speed. I had a loaner for a 4-day weekend. It's scary gutless!:p

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I put well over 400k miles on a car with only 52 hp, never been rear ended, never even close to being rear ended.

I drive a 90 hp car every day now. No rear enders, either. The base, slowest, cheapest gas Jetta has 115hp, and will easily run alongside any 90hp TDI... of which there are still THOUSANDS on the road. I service them every day, never heard of nor seen anyone be rear ended because the car was "too slow". That is the biggest bunch of bunk ever.

:rolleyes: