New Project

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I do not know if it does this double pull thing when it is unlocked. I think I noticed that happening once or twice, but cannot remember.
I forgot to mention it's only from a locked door.
Once opened I can open and close the door from outside no problem.
Inside handle works 100%

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Done with the right front suspension

Bilstein TC sport struts are on both sides now. I am waiting for a left wheel bearing housing from IDParts (PO stripped the lower caliper guide pin threads).
Meantime, I completed the right side:D
New CV joint/boot kit from IDParts, new lower ball joint, and replaced the Control arm bushings, The rear bushing is easy. But that front one is squirrly!

Feels good to have the right side done.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Front End Surprises

Oh Boy...
I knew that the previous owner stripped the threads in the wheel bearing housing for one of the caliper guide pins, and I am not doing helicoil on that. New knuckle ready to assemble.

But when I tried to press out the hub, it split the wheel bearing inner race into two halves!! I can't get the thing off. New hub on the way, and the job waits:

Then I discovered that the inner CV boot is failed, with a typical sectional split in the crease. So I decided to get an inner CV AND boot kit so I don't end up doing this again next year!

But the LCA bushings are in and the LCA is mounted and ready to go. Oh, and I got an 8mm three square socket to do the inner CV kit. So maybe I can get this job done next weekend, and take it in for (another) alignment.

Last edited: