Dyno Day in Montreal--any interest?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
At the New England Audi Club event at Mt. Tremblant last month I met a guy who runs a dynopack dyno in Montreal, not far from the TDIFest location. Since there are a lot of Unitronics and Aligator tuned cars in Quebec and Ontario, perhaps it would finally provide some direct comparisons between equipment and tunes, unlike the New England Dyno day, which was RC dominated.

Any interest? And when? Winter's coming fast.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Thats a 5 hour drive worth taking! Maybe I'll find some decaf tea this time!:D

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
I might be in for this.:D I really want to see what my setup puts down. All depends on the day since I have two little ones (16 months and 6 weeks)...

Jason

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
i think crazy will come for sure... but i dont know about joe;) ... its a long drive from t.o. but i am willing to come:D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I've got a call into the shop (Dynodoc). I'm trying for a Saturday in November prior to the US Thanksgiving holiday or early in December. Cold weather=good numbers

We're looking at Saturday, 10 December. Brady believes he can do about 10 cars. Cost would be $75-90 each, depending on number of cars. I think this is reasonable. Let's see if we can get 10 folks signed up.

Who's in?

Last edited:

XK47

TDI
VW Jetta 2006 TDI PD100
I'm in for a run! Pm me I've got a Revo chip and I want to see the real thing... ;)

joevat

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI PD
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Crazy Memphis, Joevat, you in? This would be great.
it most definitely would be great but im not going to dyno this thing just yet until i have my vr6 axles in. right now i am only running a mild 26 psi tune and a light fuel map. when i get axles and suspension done early spring, it will be 30psi and a really nice fuel map to push this thing.
then i'll dyno.
i know alot of people are anxious, and i am too, but the time will come.:)

*unless you wanna do it more close to Toronto*;)

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
IndigoBlueWagon said:
At the New England Audi Club event at Mt. Tremblant last month I met a guy who runs a dynopack dyno in Montreal, not far from the TDIFest location. Since there are a lot of Unitronics and Aligator tuned cars in Quebec and Ontario, perhaps it would finally provide some direct comparisons between equipment and tunes, unlike the New England Dyno day, which was RC dominated.

Any interest? And when? Winter's coming fast.

I would be there for sure! Representing the Diesel Power tuning box enthusiasts...:D Better get my TPC before then...

Last edited:

Crazy Memphis

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2000
give me a day and an hour and i'll be knocking ppl head off to be there first :D .

i really need a bigger fuel pump cuz my car isn't working at his 100% because of a low fueling !!! i should buy a 11mm pump but i don't have the $$$ for now !!!

i could get a 11mm pump for around 800$ but i don't have it !!! my VISA is so heavy i can't even put it in my wallet lol !!!

but ya i want to know the numbers before the 11mm pump then i'll dyno again after the 11mm pump installation. to see what is the difference !!!

Quincy

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
joevat said:
it most definitely would be great but im not going to dyno this thing just yet until i have my vr6 axles in. right now i am only running a mild 26 psi tune and a light fuel map. when i get axles and suspension done early spring, it will be 30psi and a really nice fuel map to push this thing.
then i'll dyno.

You know, it would be an interesting baseline. And dynos aren't hard on axles. You really should give it a run, or at least come out.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
I will link this post to the Quebec section for you Peter as many of the locals dont read the english forums.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Thanks, Steve. That would be great. I was going to post there but wasn't sure my French was adequate. Who am I kidding, I KNOW it's not adequate.

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Thanks, Steve. That would be great. I was going to post there but wasn't sure my French was adequate. Who am I kidding, I KNOW it's not adequate.
you couldnt show up for the Rc tuning day in buffalo yesterday peter???;) could of had a chance to meet some of us canucks:D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Sorry, had to work. But I'm close to Buffalo right now. Bet you've all left.

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Sorry, had to work. But I'm close to Buffalo right now. Bet you've all left.
i know Jeff was saying that you were coming.. but he didnt know when you would be in town by:D

maniac1181

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I'll be there with a NitroChip tune on my car!! It will be interesting to finally dyno this baby! Just post the date and I'll be there!

Thanks Radman for the link in the french section!

Crazy_Memphis, will we get a chance to see how your car handles on the dyno with the NitroChip as well? It would be a good chance to realy see what the chip can do!

Last edited:

XK47

TDI
VW Jetta 2006 TDI PD100
So let's see :

we have

Rocketchip
Nitrochip
Alligator chip
Revo
DieselPower tuning box
Nice start and a lot of fun and education in perspective!

I will be there with my reflex camera to take pictures etc...

PM sent by the way!!!

DbLog

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 335d
Dude, Peter is traveling 4-5 hours it's not that long of a drive. You could do the same. A lot of people would love to see how 'friggin fast' your car is on the rollers. Hell maybe I'll show up, Montreal's a great city.

joevat said:
then i'll dyno.