Indiana People

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
05_new_jetta said:
yeah, I need to get cards made up or something inviting people to join the site or atleast look into it, so I can put under wipers when I see them in p-lots and such.
At the top towards the left side is a link to TDI Club cards you can print out for this very purpose. You can also add your contact info to the reverse side if desired.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI_Convert said:
Anything scheduled for Feb? ;)
Michiana Dinner GTG 6pm Eastern Time on Tuesday, February 13th at:

Carrabba’s Italian Grill
210 West Day Road
Mishawaka, IN 46545

Located between Grape Road and Main Street by the mall that has Kohl's, Old Navy, Petsmart and Borders among it’s tenants. Just west of Logan’s Roadhouse.

**If there is bad weather do we shoot for Thursday, Feb. 15th or Tuesday, Feb. 20th as the backup date?**

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 5 sp., 2003, Silver/Grey Int.
I'll be there if I'm not a popsicle! The furnace at work has quit 4x in the past 2 weeks, and the water pipes were froze the past 2 days. Gotta walk about a block to use the bathroom in the next building.....:mad:

CoolWht, sent you a pm.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI_Convert said:
CoolWht, sent you a pm.
Replied to it! Looking forward to seeing you next week - think of it as a trip to Thawsville for dinner! :p

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI_Convert said:
That was a pretty good place. Now if we could only get more people interested than just us 2............ :confused:

Where next month?:D
Yeah - I liked Carrabba's too! :)

Was surprised nobody posted here about wanting to make this one! Of course the weather was kinda bad that week too. Hopefully somebody will join us in March.....

Have a few possibilities in mind for Tuesday March 13th dinner GTG - will post info here on Wednesday, March 7th.

03TDI=Awesome

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI
Indianapolis!!!

I was just wondering if there was anyone around Indy. I need some fellow TDI owners to hang with on the weekends.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Due to a conflict in TDI_Convert's schedule the March Michiana dinner GTG will be held on Monday instead of Tuesday. Here's the location:

Monday, March 12th
6:00 pm Eastern

Smokey Bones Barbeque and Grill
4010 N. Main Street
Mishawaka, IN46545

(Located south of Day Road on the east side of Main Street.)

Please post here if you plan to attend - TDI_Convert and I hope to see some of you other Michiana'ers there! :)

For April we will return to the second Tuesday of the month.....

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for switching. I couldn't really make the dinner, drive the 50 minutes back home, pack, drive 2 hr to Chicago and be on a plane @ 6:00 a.m. to New York just to come back that same evening and drive another 2 hrs. back home.

O.K. Who else is coming?????????????????

Oh, yeah. The Peloquin arrived today, so it joins the FSD's, 5th gear and clutch sitting in the corner. :D

dieselnewbie

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I travel between Portage and Elkhart somewhat frequently and have seen another TDI just once, in a parking lot at the University Park Mall. It even had a TDI club license plate!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
dieselnewbie said:
I travel between Portage and Elkhart somewhat frequently and have seen another TDI just once, in a parking lot at the University Park Mall. It even had a TDI club license plate!
Hi dieselnewbie,

Well, to spot my TDI you'll have to be on US 31 from South Bend to Berrien Springs, MI as that's it's usual haunt. TDI_Convert can be seen between Plymouth area and Napanee on US 6. In general TDI's are a rare sight in Michiana which does not make much sense as Gurley-Leep VW does sell them and they don't last more than a month on the lot before someone snaps them up!

Any chance you might be able to join us for one of the monthly Michiana dinner GTG's sometime?

Robert

aaronp1

TDI
2000 Honda Insight MT
My sis lives in Indy though I live in Portland, OR. I"ll be coming out to do a trade with a guy in N. Indiana not this week but next hopefully. Anyone want me to bring them anything if I do come out week of the 18th? Anyone have anything cool? I have a '98 NB TDI.

Aaron

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
dieselnewbie said:
Depending on when you saw it, it might have been mine. What color was it?

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
CoolWht said:
Due to a conflict in TDI_Convert's schedule the March Michiana dinner GTG will be held on Monday instead of Tuesday. Here's the location:

Monday, March 12th
6:00 pm Eastern

Smokey Bones Barbeque and Grill
4010 N. Main Street
Mishawaka, IN46545
I will see if I can make it. But with the crazy work schedule I have I am not sure if I will be able to. Don't wait for me.

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
We didn't! You missed some good food. :D

CoolWht:

My sister arrived not 10 minutes after you left. We filled up the bed of her F250, and the trailer still had siding piled over half way up the sides....
It sure did make the trip home easier tho! I wonder just how much that load weighed.............

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
indy area

Anybody here around indy area? northside? PM me if anyone is interested in gtg this spring or maybe a roadtrip to tdi fest this summer?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Next Michiana Dinner GTG is on Tuesday, April 10th at 6pm. Location is:

Logan's Roadhouse
4225 N. Main Street
Mishawaka

They are on the southeast corner of the mall that has Kohl's, Old Navy, Petsmart and Borders.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI_Convert said:
Now the big question is:

Will it just be us 2 again? :p
I sent PM's to the three locals that haved posted in this thread expressing interest in joining us. Who knows - they may join us this time! :rolleyes:

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
Mishawaka Diesel

Where's a good place to get diesel or biodiesel in Mishawaka? I'll be out there on the weekend of the 21st. Road trippin' :D

EDIT.. Sorry, found it in Post 18. My bad! Is it still B2 or is there anything close to B5? Not looking for B100

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
oEo said:
Where's a good place to get diesel or biodiesel in Mishawaka? I'll be out there on the weekend of the 21st. Road trippin' :D

EDIT.. Sorry, found it in Post 18. My bad! Is it still B2 or is there anything close to B5? Not looking for B100
TDI_Convert would be better at answering what the blend is as it's on his commute. IIRC he said it was B20? I hardly ever get down that way so don't know.

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
If you will be on 6 between Nappanee and Bremen, Bellman oil has B20 and B100. LMK if you need directions.

oEo said: