Interchangeable Suspension ?

thumpper

TDI
I'm a noob here and also noob when it comes to VW's (I'll admit it). Been searching on here and other locations and trying to find some interchangeable parts that can be put onto/exchanged with a newly acquired 2005 Beetle 1.9 BEW TDI.

Curious about the suspension, and if any generation beetle take off suspension could be placed on my 2005?

Beetle that I purchased came with some coil overs and is lowered and rides pretty harsh. Been thinking about looking for 'take off' new suspension to throw onto the car.

Thanks in advice if I have missed a post or thread on interchangeable parts from one gen to another please let me know. My research and knowledge of the TDI's and VW's is just beginning.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
You might check IDParts.com, KermaTDI.com, and Cascade German for replacement springs and dampers. I wonder if the lowering on your car was just done with springs, or with springs, struts and dampeners. Just springs would be less expensive that would depend on the valving of the struts and dampeners you already have.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Also try searching up some of those parts at car-part.com. The salvage guys have really good cross referencing.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Your car is an MKIV and the majority of that platform will work from the Golf, Jetta to Beetle. There is a few specific items to the beetle due to space but the shocks, axles, ect will fit. I know one specific item was the rear plastic guard for under the spring on the rear axle was different on the bug.

As for engine/tranny parts - depends on the engine as to the part. Yours has the BEW so you need to stick with 04-06 on those parts.

Interior and body - MKIV beetles (99-06).

Welcome to the dub club.

thumpper

TDI
Thanks for the heads up.. Already read that the seats for instance need to stay in the same 'family years'.

The suspension on the car is a full coil overs with some adjustability for lowering/raising. The rear are just springs and new shocks. I still haven't got a good look at the suspension yet for it's been to cold here to get it up on jackstands.