Swap Passat TSI led headlights to Passat TDI regular headlights?

superduty_59

TDI
2001 Beetle TDI GLS 5sp, 2005.5 Jetta TDI DSG, 2006Jetta TDI DSG, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2012 JSW TDI DSG, 2015 Passat SE 6MT TDI
My 2015 Passat TDI lights are good but I saw a TSI Passat (don't know what year but around the same as mine with headlight like mine but it had a row of LED's at the bottom of the light housing. I had a loaner 2019 Jetta for almost a week and it had similar headlights and were amazing! They were very clean lines and blueish/white color. I would love to upgrade. Anybody know if the TSI led lights are plug n play on my Passat? or is there an aftermarket upgrade? Also mine didn't come with the lower driving lights. Any upgrades there with OEM or aftermarket light kits? Thanks

superduty_59

TDI
2001 Beetle TDI GLS 5sp, 2005.5 Jetta TDI DSG, 2006Jetta TDI DSG, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2012 JSW TDI DSG, 2015 Passat SE 6MT TDI
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I kinda figured that. I didn't know if anybody had went that route before.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
In parts for sale forum:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=493594

Aftermarket and not sure if he’s got the same model Passat as you.

Proper installation of HIDs includes self leveling sensors, wiring harness, possibly an upgrade to your body control module and some software coding changes. That might cost $500 and then you need the headlights. You will find all the parts you need on the Kufatec website but they can also be sourced for less, sometimes much less.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
When an original bulb burnt out I went to candlepower.com and bought upgraded bulbs. That and adjusting the housings up work well for my daily driver. Didn't break the bank either. Good luck, John