Crazy Driver Stories

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
At the VW Dealership Buying 507 spec oil and a filter, and had a chat with a guy buying a new TDI to replace the Acura. Earlier in the week, his wife was waiting for traffic to clear so she could turn left.

Next thing that happens is that this CLOWN TRUCK runs the red light. By Clown Truck, I mean one of those trucks that you need a stepladder to get into & HUGE TIRES! Another name for them is: 'Look At Me Trucks'. These are a common sight in Alberta. All the Retardo's have them!

The Acura's hood actually has skid marks on it! The Clown Truck rode right over top of the hood with it's right tires. This upset the Clown Truck at it ROLLED 1 1/2 times!

The Jetta buyer is an Industrial Design Engineer & says he is going to do all he can do to Lobby the Government to BAN TRUCKS LIKE THESE!

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
"Best thing is to either speed up or slow down so that you are, to the extent possible, not directly side by side with anyone else. Even if you are in the right lane. No, unfortunately, there's no way of forcing the driver in the left lane to move right (as they should), but at least you can facilitate it by speeding up or slowing down to get out from side-by-side."

True. I try to minimize being next to other vehicles because it is less safe. The driver next to me was moving past me, but just stopped and got stuck next to me and although I was aware of that, I had the right shoulder as an out, but soon would have slowed down a little he he did not move on. Years ago the high school drivers ED instructer drilled into us "Always leave yourself an out" and I do this when possible.

I also frequently check my rear view mirror, but these bikers flew up so fast I did not even know it until they were right on the guy next to me. The bike roar just instantly appeared. They had to be going 90 MPH or above. I was not really sure what to do at that point, so I just kept going my current rate of speed, dead center in my lane. I had no idea if the other driver was going to speed up, slow down, or if the bikers were going to pass me or the other driver on the right or left shoulder. Now that I think of it, I figured lane splitting would have been their last choice. But under five seconds of coming up on the other driver's rear, the first bike went in between us. In about 20 seconds the bikers had regrouped in front of us in the left lane. That is how fast it was.

These were big bikes too, the fully dressed Harleys.

--Nate

Last edited:

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Being side by side with another vehicle so that traffic coming up behind cannot get past, might not be illegal if you are going precisely the speed limit
It is against the law here in Illinois. Stay out of the left lane unless passing is what the law basically states. If you are side-by-side and both going the speed limit, you can correct your positions to be single-file going the speed limit. If both drivers are "I'm doing the speed limit so I can't speed up to pass" types, then SLOW DOWN to drop into single file.

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
By Clown Truck, I mean one of those trucks that you need a stepladder to get into & HUGE TIRES! Another name for them is: 'Look At Me Trucks'. These are a common sight in Alberta. All the Retardo's have them . . . The Jetta buyer . . . says he is going to do all he can do to Lobby the Government to BAN TRUCKS LIKE THESE!
There are probably catch-all laws in the motor vehicle code they could enforce to get those trucks to comply with motor vehicle regulations. Probably stuff that governs bumper height, headlight height, etc. The lifted suspensions put all that stuff out of standard so it is just a matter if the police want to selectively ticket the crap out of those trucks, but I am generally against it purely as a revenue generator.

In my home city the police and city council have cracked down on loud stereos with city ordinance violations. If a car is pulled over for a loud stereo, it is impounded with a $250 fine for the driver and a $250 fine for the vehicle owner that must be paid prior to getting the car out of impound. After a few low-lifes got tired of paying $500 bonds to get their cars out of the impound lots, they got the hint and turned the music down.

In the city I now live in, the police tried a crack-down years ago on some quality-of-life issues with vehicles - namely loud stereos, loud mufflers, etc. By absolutely no unfair enforcement of the laws, the loud stereo tickets were mostly limited to blacks, and they came along with tickets for having huge 22" rims and tires that violated motor vehicle code. A few people filed lawsuits and won some cases when they pointed out the selective enforcement that was not in fact selective enforcement, but whatever. All the racial claims could have been shot down had the police simply ticketed an equal number of rednecks for having trucks with loud mufflers and jacked up suspensions that make the bumper height violate motor vehicle code, but they didn't do that.

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
Power, not Speed; That looks like it would be HANDY in the Oil Patch, for difficult terrain.

I have a Bombardier ILTIS (VW Ferret) that would run circles around that rig in an Off Road situation. Our Armed forces got rid of them due to lack of protection from roadside IED's in Afghanistan. The Iltis (ferret) was originally built for Europe(cold war).

nate379

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta
I have been watching Ice Road Truckers, they are hauling in India now. Talk about some crazy drivers there!

I thought Korea was bad. I almost got killed by some dude that had 20ft ladder across his scooter like airplane wings... hauling ass down the alley I was walking that was maybe 25ft wide. Friend saw him in time (was coming from behind) and threw me to the street.

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
On the positive side of things it looks like we may soon have laws against driving while on a cell phone here in Alberta. Most other provinces already have this law.

Enforcing the law is a whole other issue....but it's a start.

I'd say 50 to 80% of the tards that I come across are on their cell.

Saw some dude the other day that was driving eratically. He had a cell phone in one hand next to his head and a coffee (Tim Horton's) in the other. A definate contender for a Darwin award. http://www.darwinawards.com/

DWalk

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
In the city I now live in, the police tried a crack-down years ago on some quality-of-life issues with vehicles - namely loud stereos, loud mufflers, etc. By absolutely no unfair enforcement of the laws, the loud stereo tickets were mostly limited to blacks, and they came along with tickets for having huge 22" rims and tires that violated motor vehicle code. A few people filed lawsuits and won some cases when they pointed out the selective enforcement that was not in fact selective enforcement, but whatever. All the racial claims could have been shot down had the police simply ticketed an equal number of rednecks for having trucks with loud mufflers and jacked up suspensions that make the bumper height violate motor vehicle code, but they didn't do that.
Reminds me of these guys, watched the video again and it made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_JtoW7GrdY

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
Whistle tips....why would anyone do that....seriously. I'd be tempted to pound a few potatoes in their tailpipes with a sledge.

As for the second video....why is everyone driving so slow? :)

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Whistle tips....why would anyone do that....seriously.
Along with 22" rims on $500 cars, Newports, $2,000 stereos, big screen TVs, etc. - all while on Section 8 housing and food stamps. It's a lifestyle that is learned and ingrained in a lot of people. They know what they can settle for, and actively avoid working so as to upset their housing situations and meal tickets.

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 TDI 6 MT, Platinum Gray Metallic, Anthracite Interior
Along with 22" rims on $500 cars, Newports, $2,000 stereos, big screen TVs, etc. - all while on Section 8 housing and food stamps. It's a lifestyle that is learned and ingrained in a lot of people. They know what they can settle for, and actively avoid working so as to upset their housing situations and meal tickets.
Wow, you got that one right... How about a person using an ACCESS card to pay for stuff in a convenience store while yapping on a brand new $499 smart phone...

nate379

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta
Would like to think something like that would be handy to pull a large trailer or RV but I think the bed is WAY too high for a 5th wheel or gooseneck hitch.
Bed is usless to load anything in as well, I mean drop the tailgate and it's at your chin!

But then how would this guy feel good about himself?

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Would like to think something like that would be handy to pull a large trailer or RV but I think the bed is WAY too high for a 5th wheel or gooseneck hitch.
Bed is usless to load anything in as well, I mean drop the tailgate and it's at your chin!
International expected business owners to be the bulk of sales of the XT pickups, and they also targeted the truck at boat owners and equestrian customers. The CXT has a GVWR of 25,999 pounds, is equipped with a DT466 engine/2500HD Allison automatic transmission, and is capable of towing up to 40,000 pounds.

The RXT was a little lighter duty (HAH!) with a GVWR of 20,500 pounds, rear-wheel-drive, a VT365 engine/2200 series Allison 5-speed automatic transmission.

If you are a business contractor who works, and you need a serious-duty truck to get some things done, these trucks weren't a bad investment. About 2x the cost of a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup from the Big 3 gets you some seriously heavy duty iron that will last far longer than you can get out of any Ford/Chevy/Dodge, with far more capability for towing or hauling.

Unfortunately, as with a lot of things in America, they simply became status symbols when Ashton Kutcher (and others) bought one for tooling around town.

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
Had another pet peeve pop up on the drive to work this morning.

There's this one steep hill that we almost always get stopped in traffic on.

And of course the the pee-brain behind me gets right on my butt....must have been maybe a foot of space.

Now this wasn't a problem as I was in the GTI and it won't roll back when I let off the brake. But in the TDI it could be a problem...well...not so much any more as I've been driving a standard for like forever. But way back when I was still a bit of a nube driver in the rabbit...that sucker would roll back a bit before getting going. And ever since then I've always been strongly annoyed by retards that pull right up on my butt when I'm on a hill.

Sure if I roll back into them they'll be at fault...but I'd still have to deal with all the associated hassle.:mad:

Sometimes I like to give them a scare when I'm in the TDI. Let it roll a bit.:cool:

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Wow, you got that one right... How about a person using an ACCESS card to pay for stuff in a convenience store while yapping on a brand new $499 smart phone...
You don't have to tell me twice. I spent part of my life growing up in the ghetto. I have LE experience in the same ghetto. My mother is co-director of a daycare in the same ghetto which consists almost exclusively of childcare paid for by the state. I now work a part-time job at a pharmacy and see the same ghetto behavior with people on food stamps. I see people using food stamps for candy/chips/soda, and then pay cash for cigarettes/booze. One woman came in to buy a Snickers bar just to get cash back from her benefits card, and told me "I found $40 in the cash account today, don't know where it came from, but I'm getting it before they take it back." One of my co-workers has 5 children from 3 dads, gets Section 8 rent, $1,200 monthly on food stamps, children's medical care from the state, and she is thrilled that the government now pays for her new cell phone. This is all the stuff I am furious about when I explain to people why I should pay lower taxes.

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Sometimes I like to give them a scare when I'm in the TDI. Let it roll a bit.:cool:
My grandfather's solution was to always have a trailer hitch on his cars. That way, if he rolled back, it would puncture a bumper on the car behind him instead of damaging his car. Worst case was when he holed someone's radiator (one-time occurrence). The hitch always made people think twice about getting too close when following.

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
This is all the stuff I am furious about when I explain to people why I should pay lower taxes.

Maybe you should look a little deeper as to why you believe you should pay lower taxes. If you think this kind of low level scamming is more of a problem than corporate tax evasion fraud, you should examine your need to do so.

Once again, this is the General Automotive section. Not your personal anti-tax, anti-government, anti-immigrant and anti-everythingyouhate soapbox.

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
You don't have to tell me twice. I spent part of my life growing up in the ghetto. I have LE experience in the same ghetto. My mother is co-director of a daycare in the same ghetto which consists almost exclusively of childcare paid for by the state. I now work a part-time job at a pharmacy and see the same ghetto behavior with people on food stamps. I see people using food stamps for candy/chips/soda, and then pay cash for cigarettes/booze. One woman came in to buy a Snickers bar just to get cash back from her benefits card, and told me "I found $40 in the cash account today, don't know where it came from, but I'm getting it before they take it back." One of my co-workers has 5 children from 3 dads, gets Section 8 rent, $1,200 monthly on food stamps, children's medical care from the state, and she is thrilled that the government now pays for her new cell phone. This is all the stuff I am furious about when I explain to people why I should pay lower taxes.
I call this Fleecing of America...

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
On the positive side of things it looks like we may soon have laws against driving while on a cell phone here in Alberta. Most other provinces already have this law.
Hasn't accomplished anything here in Ontario. Talking on a handsfree is still distracted driving ... and now, when people are on the phone, they're not only talking to whoever but also holding the phone down out of view while dialing/texting and watching out for cops. Only solution I can see is for a cell phone jammer to be mandatory on all new vehicles. Yep, there will be side effects ... but no more talking/texting while driving.

I'd say 50 to 80% of the tards that I come across are on their cell.
Sounds about right - even with the handsfree-only law.

Saw some dude the other day that was driving eratically. He had a cell phone in one hand next to his head and a coffee (Tim Horton's) in the other. A definate contender for a Darwin award. http://www.darwinawards.com/
Good one.

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
I fugued as much. I mean the cops can give out tickets now for I think "driving with undue attention". But that hasn't stopped anything.

I can't see them putting cell jammers into cars...

I guess that leaves me back to my original plan....buy a tank. Something that can take some punishment, where I don't care about the paint job....plus certain other benefits.

Put some armor, treads, etc on my TDi and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDYU-uKo1N8&feature=related .... who cares what the other guys are doing while they are driving.:D

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
I fugued as much. I mean the cops can give out tickets now for I think "driving with undue attention". But that hasn't stopped anything.

I can't see them putting cell jammers into cars...

I guess that leaves me back to my original plan....buy a tank. Something that can take some punishment, where I don't care about the paint job....plus certain other benefits.

Put some armor, treads, etc on my TDi and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDYU-uKo1N8&feature=related .... who cares what the other guys are doing while they are driving.:D
That will "put some dent" in your mpg's... :)

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
I put a lot of time, money, and energy into my cars...keeping them looking and running great.

It just urks me when other people put all of that at risk with their extreme apathy to everyone and everything around them.

So having a tank to drive to work every day would reduce the stress...then people could door ding it, key it, side swipe it, rear-end it, T-bone it, or whatever....no worries. Plus the cool factor of Driving a Tank.:cool:

But ya, increase the mpgs would be the downside.:)

Used to have a Willies Jeep. That thing was like a tank. Had multiple coats of paint on it...camo being the last.

Accidentally rear-ended another normal Jeep with it once. Was in a parking lot...ice everywhere. There was little I could do...slid at a slow walking speed for a bit...tried a number of things, even had time to put it in reverse...and with all four wheels engaged. Still I managed to avoid hitting the side of the dude...nailed his bumper instead. Twisted the end of it right up.....my Jeep...not a scratch. They don't make'em like that any more.

Last edited:

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
I guess that leaves me back to my original plan....buy a tank. Something that can take some punishment, where I don't care about the paint job....
A Hummer H1 was my "win the lottery" plan for when I wouldn't ever be able to be a decent human being with that much money. I'd carry a garbage sack of $100 bills on the passenger seat. When I wreck into someone at a stoplight I can just throw a fistful of C-Notes out the window and scream "THAT OUGHT TO COVER IT!" as I drive off.

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
Whistle tips....why would anyone do that....seriously. I'd be tempted to pound a few potatoes in their tailpipes with a sledge.

As for the second video....why is everyone driving so slow? :)
Potatoes! Now that's FUNNY! Even FUNNIER is when a guy I worked with did this to an offending car in the neighborhood when it was -20C. That Potato is STUCK!!

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
When I lived on a farm as a kid we had this neighbor who was a total moron when it came to common sense.

I was waiting for the bus one day when he drove by in his half-ton. It was barely creeping along and then there'd be a huge BANG...a little bit of a speed burst and then back to barely running...and another BANG. And on and on down the road.

As he went by I could see that he had backed into what I assume had to be a manure pile because his tail pipe was stuffed with it.

I'm sure he didn't have a clue. I was a freaking kid and could easily figure it out.

He also used to rev the piss out of his vehicles (WOT) immediately after starting them on cold winter days.

Anyway...seemed like a good idea for these Whistle tip goofs.

And now for you're viewing enjoyment....:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HktV2yGtLv8&NR=1