VCDS VAG-COM Locator

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
It is from a 1997 Passat Wagon
Likely that off brand tool you posted won't do it. I believe with the vcds you can turn it off on the 1z cars as well, though you'll want to leave the EGR solenoid plugged in if you do that, so it doesn't set a check engine light. That's only for off road use though.
If you want it completely removed, you'll need to get your ecm tuned, and depending on which one you have, you'll need to send it off to the tuner.

GrapplingDMC

TDI
1997 Passat Wagon (going into a 1995 Suzuki Sidekick)
Likely that off brand tool you posted won't do it. I believe with the vcds you can turn it off on the 1z cars as well, though you'll want to leave the EGR solenoid plugged in if you do that, so it doesn't set a check engine light. That's only for off road use though.
If you want it completely removed, you'll need to get your ecm tuned, and depending on which one you have, you'll need to send it off to the tuner.
I want to do it right so I will send it off to a tuner. Guessing I can find them on here. I will look at the "How to build a TDI starter" you posted. Any other recommendations since I have the motor out as of yesterday, I'm all ears

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I want to do it right so I will send it off to a tuner. Guessing I can find them on here. I will look at the "How to build a TDI starter" you posted. Any other recommendations since I have the motor out as of yesterday, I'm all ears
Malone or rocketchip are a couple of good ones.

jpg_jetta

TDI
2001 MK4 Jetta
Have a brother up in Martinsville, VA checking to see if anyone close might have a vagcom to help resolve an AdBlue Touareg problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon BHW 2004 Jetta 5 spd BEW - 99.5 jetta 5 speed - 1982 Mercedes 300D Manual 4 spd
Looking for some help just dialing my timing in on a 2003 ALH Jetta i just did a TB on.....any help near PHOENIX AZ? I'll pay some, dont want to spend the $100 to activate my VCDS LITE just for this...thanks
;;

TDIHumvee

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta, 2001 TDI Jetta, 2001 TDI Jetta wagon
is there anyone in Charleston SC? i have Lite but would like to learn how to use it better and if needed buy the full version. thank you

TDIHumvee

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta, 2001 TDI Jetta, 2001 TDI Jetta wagon
ok, well i am Hal, i live in Charleston SC. i have the full VAG-Com and will help anyone. i am an ASE Master tech, and learning all i can about my ALH TDIs. if i dont know something i will learn it. and id like to meet other TDI guys to learn more faster.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
I have a VCDS cable in NW Grand Rapids MI. That may be moot though since r90sKirk is only a few miles from me and will almost certainly have one.
You should clarify which cable. There are limitations depending on which one you have. Some only can deal with year model to 2005 or so, others can go to 2019, and of course the newest ones can go all the way to current model year.

Scratcher

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 TDI BEW Wagon
Its a Rosstech Duel-K USB HC428703 Rev B

I bought it when we got our 2011 Sportwagen. It seems to work on my 2001 gasser and 2004 TDI BEW. I'm no expert and am open to being educated

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
HEX-NET (works on any VAG car) as well as ODIS on Vancouver Island (north of Nanaimo).

JohnTF

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9 TDI ALH A.T. Wagon
I have a KII-USB .

But I also lost my key , have at least one new key that has been cut & works the locks - but does not start the car .

Looking for someone that can program the new key ?

If you have what it takes , would like a quote for programming ?

St. Paul , MN

Mozambiquer

TDI
I have a KII-USB .

But I also lost my key , have at least one new key that has been cut & works the locks - but does not start the car .

Looking for someone that can program the new key ?

If you have what it takes , would like a quote for programming ?

St. Paul , MN
You can use the kii-usb with vcp drivers and the kw1281test software from @gmenounos and then program the new keys with vcds

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
If you have the SKU code, all that is needed is VCDS to program that key for immobilizer. VCDS can also connect the remote access part too.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
You can use the kii-usb with vcp drivers and the kw1281test software from @gmenounos and then program the new keys with vcds
Or you could delete your immobilizer with a similar cable. I think it's the can+k cable, used with the accompanying software. Then any key will start your car.

JohnTF

Veteran Member
TDI
Do not have SKU info .

Have not got very familiar with the KLL-USB yet , have plugged in and played with & looked for codes , more functions I have not gone through ,
So above my pay grade ;)

Sent an email to gemnounos

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Do not have SKU info .

Have not got very familiar with the KLL-USB yet , have plugged in and played with & looked for codes , more functions I have not gone through ,
So above my pay grade ;)

Sent an email to gemnounos
You can use VagTacho or the kw1281test software to retrieve the code. VCDS will not be able to get it.

JohnTF

Veteran Member
TDI
Keep getting hung on all the terms , VCDS and many others while searching .
So I am guessing that my KLL-USB will not work ?

Thanks