Original 82 diesel Vanagon now TDI SYNCRO

tdihuntdawg

TDI
Original 82 diesel now ALH SYNCRO
Hello owned this van awhile ,put many a mile on it, lived in it for 5 months in Alaska while working a construction job. I return home and found a donor SYNCRO converted to 4x4 ,and installed ALH . With the help of theads like ALH 121pin TDI pin out and Andy Bees I have it running and no codes . I have yet to wire cruise control, brake, clutch switch . But now I'm trying to figure out the tach, glow plug light and check engine light ? This is a 2000 Jetta manual transmission donor thanks in advance my phone is my only internet but in the future I plan to post more photos GLEANER DAWG

tdihuntdawg

TDI
Original 82 diesel now ALH SYNCRO
Thanks Jimbote for reviving this post. I glean info from this sight daily and enjoy your
Contributions. among the features I would like to share are stock car type jackscrews
For rear spring adjustment, motor mount design, after cooler plumbing 3 in stainless
Exhaust with pac brake,26 gal. South Africa style fuel tank. Is there a link to help me post photos? Gleanerdawg

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Wow! I guess this is what I've missed by not frequenting the Conversion Category very often.

TDIHuntDawg, glad my Thread was helpful.

It is my intent, to go through that Thread and update the few pics that are linked to Photo Bucket.

Also, I plan to re-write the Introductory Page (page 1) with an out-line of major aspects of the build to include Links for quick reference. This will save a lot of time for those who are lurking for info. I know there were a number of things I included unnecessarily!

As Jimbote suggested, post a few pics ...... I like pics and explanations.