Whats my 2010 worth?

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
Thinking about trading it on a 15 OB. 6 Speed manual, pano roof,trailer hitch, new 17" tires, 3-4 dings, serviced up but TB not done. 109K. Silver/black leatherette. What should I expect for trade in w/in $1k?

Tuco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
If there is a Carmax near you, run it by there and they will make a wholesale (trade-in) written offer.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
No one can tell you what your car is worth here without inspecting it. If someone actually does it doesn't mean anything. Check NADA, KBB, CarMax, your local newspaper and Craigslist to see what others are asking for theirs. Or just take it to your dealer and let them tell you what they want to give you.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I second the carmax recommendation. They'll low ball you like crazy though. You'll likely get a better offer at the local VW dealer...

http://www.kbb.com/ will get you closer to what to expect for your area.
The local dealers will give you actual numbers. You may be able to negotiate with them if you're trading it in for a new car. (or get the price of the new car lowered)

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
No one can tell you what your car is worth here without inspecting it. If someone actually does it doesn't mean anything. Check NADA, KBB, CarMax, your local newspaper and Craigslist to see what others are asking for theirs. Or just take it to your dealer and let them tell you what they want to give you.
I was looking for a general idea, NADA and KBB cannot agree on anything, I figured this group wold have a better idea. Your replay was a simple cut & paste that could haven been from any site, no help at all.
I second the carmax recommendation. They'll low ball you like crazy though. You'll likely get a better offer at the local VW dealer...

http://www.kbb.com/ will get you closer to what to expect for your area.
The local dealers will give you actual numbers. You may be able to negotiate with them if you're trading it in for a new car. (or get the price of the new car lowered)
We are getting a Carmax in town soon. We were debating on replacing the JSW or the Yukon which really doesn't fit our need any more.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
A general idea doesn't include getting it within $1k (That is fairly precise in my opinion). If you had checked all of the places I listed you would have a good idea of the possible values your car could be worth. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay and that isn't predicated on what anyone here says. Being that there are 2011's for sale on CL in your area for around $13k and you will need a TB soon I think the $8500 value previously posted is probably close and agrees pretty much with www.kbb.com. Sorry you didn't like the answer. Trading it in is usually the least hassle but lowest value for your car.