LED Tails

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
Yes indeed. Just did that with deautokey LEDS. The backup light is awesome and the brake/stop light is instant and bright. He has everything and their LEDs don't throw codes. Oh and I am talking replacing bulbs not tail light assemblies.
Thank you :)

yes, our brake for the JSW:
-lights up more of the housing with a deeper red color
-more vivid color makes it look like an LED
-QUICK light up time creates a faster reaction time for other drivers

Plug and play - error free
These are less hassle, less money vs installing a new LED tail and the styling makes it look like an LED tail:
http://deautokey.com/product/bright-error-free-brake-leds-for-the-mk6-volkswagen-jetta-sportwagen

And you can browse all JSW LEDs too:
http://deautokey.com/category/leds-for-jetta-sportwagen-all-years-trims

Thank you and let us know if you have any questions

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
Yes indeed. Just did that with deautokey LEDS. The backup light is awesome and the brake/stop light is instant and bright. He has everything and their LEDs don't throw codes. Oh and I am talking replacing bulbs not tail light assemblies.
Thanks Rick. I did upgrade my Third Brake Light to the Hella LED version.

Thank you :)
-more vivid color makes it look like an LED
Thank you and let us know if you have any questions
Hi guys. Just so other posters are aware, you are implying that adding LED bulbs to the incandescent lighting assemblies will make them look like LED lighting assemblies, right? Wading through all of the VW Dieselgate legalese has made me more precise.

I am unclear from the link if you are selling LED bulbs to replace all three bulbs (Brake, Turning, and Reverse) for tail lights. Would be nice to replace all three bulbs in each assembly all in one go.

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
Thanks Rick. I did upgrade my Third Brake Light to the Hella LED version.

Hi guys. Just so other posters are aware, you are implying that adding LED bulbs to the incandescent lighting assemblies will make them look like LED lighting assemblies, right? Wading through all of the VW Dieselgate legalese has made me more precise.

I am unclear from the link if you are selling LED bulbs to replace all three bulbs (Brake, Turning, and Reverse) for tail lights. Would be nice to replace all three bulbs in each assembly all in one go.

Yes, we feel our LEDs give you the appearance of LEDs tails as it lights up more of the housing with a more red vivid light and more glow with less dark spots give the tails a LED appearance.

Seeing this LED / non-LED comparison in a MK7 allows it to make more sense though:

For the brake, we offer the 2 1156 - what else do you need? We can get you a custom kit.

Thank you

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
Last edited:

jekl843

TDI
2011 Golf TDI (sold), 2002 Jetta TDI 5spd, 2017 GTI SE 6spd
Apologies on the lack of washing, glare and poor camera shots, but here are the OEM Tinted LEDs which I've had for close to 2 years now... Despite the price, still looks good :D

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
I did the Euro LED tails about a year ago on my Mk6, they look far better then the stock tails. I added DeAutoKey's LED reverse and turn signal bulbs to complete them.

Surly

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Does any have the part numbers for the OEM tails tinted and not tinted? Also, are the adapters an OEM part? Leaning towards tinted.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Does any have the part numbers for the OEM tails tinted and not tinted? Also, are the adapters an OEM part? Leaning towards tinted.
cherry (non tinted):
https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--TDI/Lighting/Tail_Lights/ES2221157/

Tinted (the ones you see on my car above):
https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--TDI/Lighting/Tail_Lights/ES2221162/

The oem part numbers are typically on ecs's site as well.

Light output is the same between the two. I'd say it depends on what color your car is, though tinted tends to look great on all colors :cool:

Last edited: