JSW dash remove. ..

91NCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI manual 282k and 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto 290k
I trying pull dash out 2012 JSW and seem still stuck . I got all bolts out and still stay there... I wonder is there DIY or had someone did it before??? thanks

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
I trying pull dash out 2012 JSW and seem still stuck . I got all bolts out and still stay there... I wonder is there DIY or had someone did it before??? thanks[/QUOT

did you drop the steering wheel, remove the center console, pull radio and hvac controls

91NCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI manual 282k and 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto 290k
I trying pull dash out 2012 JSW and seem still stuck . I got all bolts out and still stay there... I wonder is there DIY or had someone did it before??? thanks[/QUOT

did you drop the steering wheel, remove the center console, pull radio and hvac controls

Yes, all that is out. Even glove box too...

claybreaker 144

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I've done two of these in the last week. Easy to do if you if your are leaving all the wiring intack, remove two nuts on the drivers side one on the passenger side, four bolts at the base of the console and one behind the windshield wiper assembly. Also have to take the AC and cooling lines off. Entire assembly slides out, then you have to unpin a couple electrical connectors and they can pull through the firewall. Oh yea need to remove the steering column and console.

If you are taking the dash cover off and leaving the wiring and frame work behind make sure you remove the passenger airbag that what hung up on me when I did the first removal.