First oil change at the dealership

Howling

TDI
2013 Golf 2dr Dsg
I bought my 13 Golf with 2400 miles on it at a Toyota dealer. As I'm approaching 10k miles it is time for a oil change. Does every VW TDI get free maintenance for 3yr/36k?

Thanks
Eric

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
All correct, 2013 was the last year they offered the 3/36, then 2/24, and now just 1/10.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
The good news in the reduction, may be that one original motivation for the three years was that VW marketing folks figured customers thought that VWs were maintenance nightmares, and the three years was needed.

perhaps there is customer perception and some reality that the current cars have fewer issues (at least for the first three years....)

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
A little off topic,but now you see the problem with VW marketing, 1yr 12kmi free service must be an industry low. VW is losing mkt share at high rate of speed.

BTW I was a bit peaved when my 09 was in for it's 3rd oil change within mileage,but just past the 3yr limit and had to pay for it. Bad PR.

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
The good news in the reduction, may be that one original motivation for the three years was that VW marketing folks figured customers thought that VWs were maintenance nightmares, and the three years was needed.

perhaps there is customer perception and some reality that the current cars have fewer issues (at least for the first three years....)
Issues or UNSCHEDULED repairs would be addressed under the warranty, which remains at 3/36.

The changes from three years (<='13) to two years ('14) to one year ('15) pre-paid SCHEDULED maintenance would have nothing to do with reliability or issues with the cars. Thus the change from 3 years on the '13 to 2 years on my '14 cost me exactly the price of one oil change, nothing more, no matter what problems I may have with the car. I still get unscheduled repairs for 3/36.

Howling

TDI
2013 Golf 2dr Dsg
Stopped in at the dealer yesterday for the 10,000 mile service. The service rep started to explain the time based check up 1 year or 10,000 miles what ever comes first .The birth date of my Golf was February of 2013 I purchased the car in July of 2014 with 2500 miles on it it now has a 9980 on it and since I was past the one year date I had to get the 2 year service which consists of oil change, fuel filter, cabin filter and tire rotation.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Stopped in at the dealer yesterday for the 10,000 mile service. The service rep started to explain the time based check up 1 year or 10,000 miles what ever comes first .The birth date of my Golf was February of 2013 I purchased the car in July of 2014 with 2500 miles on it it now has a 9980 on it and since I was past the one year date I had to get the 2 year service which consists of oil change, fuel filter, cabin filter and tire rotation.
The Dealer was happy to get paid from you, or?:confused:

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
welcome to dealership service..... Less then 10k on your car and they already Shanghai'ed you out of 2 services .... Bravo