Bunches O'Lights

cryptologic

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
So just bought a 2014 Passat TDI SE in January. Nothing but problems so far honestly. Heater core no good (VW fixing that at least), just replaced water pump and all associated parts (timing belt, etc). Right before the leaking water pump started I suddenly got a bunch of warning lights on the dash.

I get (all in amber) ABS, ESC, steering, low tire, and airbag. Started out with a blinking low tire then solid. Checked tire pressures. They were fine. Restarted car, light went out. A few days later the ABS, ESC, and steering starting randomly coming on along with the low tire pressure light. Now they are just on and wont go off at all. Did some research on the forum and a failing battery sometimes causes this. Had a VW battery (might even have been the original). It tested fine but I replaced it anyway. All the lights still on all the time.

Any ideas? Is it maybe just a bad wheel speed sensor? My cheap bluetooth ODB and Torque don't show any codes.

Thanks,
Crypto

cryptologic

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
ODB Eleven is reasonably priced. Is the PRO version really worth it? I just want to check codes. I'm not trying to reprogram my car.

I'm wondering if I have a bad bearing and/or wheel speed sensor somewhere that is causing all of this.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I'd buy VCDS. The thing is, the price of admission (purchase) is recouped by about 80% if/when you sell the cable. VCDS will permit you to diagnose with output readings, not just scan for a code.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Sounds like what happens when you the battery gets disconnected and the BCM basically "forgets" all of its baseline settings.

With VCDS, you can go into BASIC SETTINGS and follow some steps to allow the car to re-learn it's "zero-points" for all of those things.