TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome. I am trying to place an order now but their site is acting up. I sent them an email. Thanks again for sharing.

Scorny

Veteran Member
TDI
2 ALH TDi's

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Tried placing an order again today and site is still not working. I can get all the way to the point where you confirm order and that is where the site locks up.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Since this company has been absolutely silent and is questionable, I think I am going to go the route of making a hose. My question, am I better off using AN fittings that I assemble myself or having someone install crimp fittings on the end of the hose (a 90* fitting and 45* fitting)? The price is about the same. If I use the AN fittings, I would be ordering 3 feet of stainless braid hose, a -4AN hose end fitting with 90* swivel female hose end, a -4AN hose fitting with 45* swivel female hose end, a -4AN to M10x1.0 adapter, and a -4AN to M12x1.5 adapter. Total cost is ~$45. I am waiting to hear back from a hydraulic hose company local to me but estimate it will be around $50. I've never used AN fittings before but know in the "hot rod" world they are very popular. Other option is to not be a cheapskate (I'm an accountant, can you blame me for being a money miser) and order the already completed hose from one of the vendors on here for $80-$100.

Kristofk

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI
Bought this one on ebay and it turned out to be the Hose Revolution hose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321457680900?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

XA TURBO OIL FEED VW GOLF TDI MK4 BRAIDED TURBO OIL FEED HOSE

$20 free shipping

Part number HK-001-219
although the listing says HK-001-217

Im pretty sure it will fit though. Just need to find a good intake gasket set first. I might need exhaust too, I think I have an exhaust leak, but not sure from where. Also would like to upgrade turbo, but funds too low at the moment.

Last edited:

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Bought this one on ebay and it turned out to be the Hose Revolution hose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321457680900?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

XA TURBO OIL FEED VW GOLF TDI MK4 BRAIDED TURBO OIL FEED HOSE

$20 free shipping

Part number HK-001-219
although the listing says HK-001-217

Im pretty sure it will fit though. Just need to find a good intake gasket set first. I might need exhaust too, I think I have an exhaust leak, but not sure from where. Also would like to upgrade turbo, but funds too low at the moment.
My only issue with that one is the length. It says that it is 54" long. It is almost twice as long as it should be and will give you trouble. I put a 30" long line on mine and it was plenty. I really think you will run into problems with the length.

Kristofk

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI
My only issue with that one is the length. It says that it is 54" long. It is almost twice as long as it should be and will give you trouble. I put a 30" long line on mine and it was plenty. I really think you will run into problems with the length.
Just measured it. ~32 inches.

Kristofk

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI
Installed mine last weekend. Fits just fine. Its a little longer than stock line, but for good reason. Its not like the stock hard line which has tight bends. It needs room to curve, but looks good and it fits decently.

andya3103

TDI
2005 VW Jetta GLS TDI
I went on kermatdi.com to purchase a stainless steel line. But it gives you three options for what turbo you have. I drive a 2005 jetta all stock. Can anyone help me out and which I have? VNT15, K03, OR PD140? Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
^^^^
Feed line:

I had one installed on my newly installed PD140 (came with the turbo from Kerma). My installer said he didn't trust it (described as poor fitting and "cheap" looking), I agreed and ordered the Darkside one. The Darkside feed line one was delivered quickly and I had it in the trunk to be swapped out...nice piece BTW. Well, accelerating onto the highway (the day after receiving it and putting it in the trunk), the Kerma line came apart and 4qts of oil was deposited on the highway. Was able to rig it back together, add 4qts, and cross my fingers. All was fine. Darkside line went on the next day....just my experience. YMMV.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
got a 10mm banjo to -4AN, 24" long, and a 12mm banjo to -4an adapter for my VNT-15, all together something like $25 shipped on ebay. Routed it behind the exhaust manifold along the block. Used the padded cable ties the stock oil feed used to hold it.

While ago got the local hydraulic shop to crimp me up a 1/8" NPT to 10mm banjo, 20" long to feed the subaru turbo I've got on there too. That one cost me like $40, after putting it on my shop's account and getting a discount. Painful, but it keeps a local shop with good people in it. Drilled and tapped the stock 12mm banjo bolt to take the 1/8" NPT and feed both turdblowers.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
andya, yours will be like mine: VNT15
I installed one on her Golf (VNT17), and one on my bug (VNT15), once it arrived.

On her Golf I installed the 90 degree end at the turbo because I didn't like the straight there. I had to swap the adapters end-for-end from the as-supplied configuration to make this change.
On the bug I installed the 90 at the oil filter end because the original banjo fitting was a similar 90, and the supplied ends on the hose are configured that way. The straight end at the turbo is even less to my liking though, so I'll swap it end-for-end later.

Which ever way you mount the hose, screw the adapters in tightly before attaching the hose, and secure the 90 end first. If the hose rotated when installing the straight end first the 90 might not point in the correct direction to mate with its fitting. Threading the 90 first avoids this 'clocking' of the hose.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Threading the 90 first avoids this 'clocking' of the hose.
But it puts tension on the hose, which will loosen the crimped ends eventually.

Tighten the swivel end so that the bent end lies flat where it should, then tighten the bent fitting.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
But it puts tension on the hose, which will loosen the crimped ends eventually.

Tighten the swivel end so that the bent end lies flat where it should, then tighten the bent fitting.
Both ends have swivel fittings. Tightening the 90 swivel first allows the hose to be aimed in the correct direction to avoid any tension. Tightening the straight end swivel first might rotate the hose. The torsion (not tension) on the hose that might be needed to point the 90 end in the proper direction has a 50:50 chance of loosening the straight swivel at the adapter.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Both ends have swivel fittings. Tightening the 90 swivel first allows the hose to be aimed in the correct direction to avoid any tension. Tightening the straight end swivel first might rotate the hose. The torsion (not tension) on the hose that might be needed to point the 90 end in the proper direction has a 50:50 chance of loosening the straight swivel at the adapter.
I guess I suck at explaining things.

poisas

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9tdi 81kw 4motion passat b5
Hi, i found this threat interesting, any one could tell me what measurements in MM i would need for GTB1756vk in the passat B5 1.9 81kw 110hp ?

Uncle Karone

TDI
2003 Jetta, 2003 NB
Fitting restriction?

Reviving and old thread but . . .

After reading this thread and ordering a feed line from Hose Revolution via ebay, I went to install it after a turbo CHRA and nozzle replacement. I noticed the orifice size of the fittings to be much smaller than the OEM hard line. It measures about .150. The hard line is about .250 at the fittings and all down the line. Thats a reduction is size of about 35 percent. Like replacing a 3/4 inch garden hose with a 1/2 inch. I am concerned that the reduced flow will not sufficiently cool the turbo journal bearing. Thus long term durability of the turbo could be at stake. I dont think an -an4 fitting With a 5/32 (.150) orifice is going to replace a 1/4 (.250) line and orifice. An -an6 fitting (drilled out on the threaded end) would be required to match the flow of the OEM line. I know from this thread there there are alot of them out there. Any issues?

madcowintucson

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
The factory hard line is about a -5 equivalent. I do not think I would go with a -4 personally. i used a -6 on my tdi and have had no issues. it bigger but routs the same.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
IIRC my holset HX40 has a 3/32" oil restrictor in the banjo bolt

little GT17 cartridge will do fine with that or larger
I think my 1752's feed is -3 line with a -4 end

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
madcow, did you drill the fittings? They have smaller id on the bolt end.

Uncle Karone, what did you end up doing? Do you have any pics of the install and how it sits?

So i've been looking at the HK-001-217 from HoseRevolutions myself

XAturbo is selling this on ebay
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TURBO-OIL-FEED-VW-GOLF-TDI-MK4-BRAIDED-TURBO-OIL-FEED-HOSE-/152035234793?

The Darkside line is not bad...but 40GBP is about 76.xx for a oil line.

I came across this thread.

http://www.ptaaron.com/oil-line/

Has anybody tried to make their own such as the link above?

Last edited: