Gtb2056v or gtb2260vk

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
b4v....died, engine swapped into mk1 caddy
280hp that's throwing everything at that turbo, I'm guessing you could get 260 to 265hp safely, what's nice is that is water cooled
I’d be more than happy with that, even less to stay 100% reliable. 225-250?

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
I’d be more than happy with that, even less to stay 100% reliable. 225-250?

Just drive it sensibly, well within its limits. I've got a 26psi tune that I hardly
ever hit. Sure, it's nice to have that reserve of boost/power, just don't use
it very often and it'll go for a long time.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
Just drive it sensibly, well within its limits. I've got a 26psi tune that I hardly
ever hit. Sure, it's nice to have that reserve of boost/power, just don't use
it very often and it'll go for a long time.
I tend to not be sensible. When I can beat the snot out of my alh and still get 40plus mpg... HAPPINESS. And that’s prob only 130 horse. I can’t wait to get this together!!!

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
get
I tend to not be sensible. When I can beat the snot out of my alh and still get 40plus mpg... HAPPINESS. And that’s prob only 130 horse. I can’t wait to get this together!!!

Lol, okaaaay. Well I drive like a cabby, having been one for too many miles.
That means quick, but I roll into the turbo, I don't stress the drivetrain by
burning rubber. I don't race light to light, I'm ez on the brakes.

You can use the power, just be aware that you can tear the car apart if you
beat on the machinery. Get bigger brakes all round and make sure your
tires and suspension are really good. Get an LSD. And then learn how to
drive smoooooth. Herky jerky is what kills cars IMO.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I’ve learned to roll the throttle on my tdis and as I’m getting older, but to be honest I have a short circuit for stupidity. Just so happens there’s a lot of it on the road today!!!! So I can’t honestly say I “behave”. Instant karma last year when I mashed the throttle and literally made the turbo explode. Have bigger fronts, and working on an lsd.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
I’ve learned to roll the throttle on my tdis and as I’m getting older, but to be honest I have a short circuit for stupidity. Just so happens there’s a lot of it on the road today!!!! So I can’t honestly say I “behave”. Instant karma last year when I mashed the throttle and literally made the turbo explode. Have bigger fronts, and working on an lsd.

Well you just can't fix stupid. Give them a wide berth and don't get upset.
They're stupid, it's not your fault.

Big rear brakes really help balance the braking, much better handling IMO.
You can overpower the platform, it's not really a sports car. The quote I love in the "What is Handling" thread is "driving a slow car fast". Now that IS a lot of fun, but be judicious about it. Learn the limits, our little diesels can put out more torque and hp than MkIVs were designed for.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
If you can believe that I have at least 1 rear caliper hanging up (never heard of that on a vw lol) so if doing calipers, I’ll prob look to upgrade.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
I just don’t understand why so many people upgrade their turbo’s , nozzles, 26 psi + tune,along with lsd, and drive like a old fart. What’s the point, am I missing something. I thought the reason we upgrade, is to enjoy, surprise a few people along the way, do some spirited driving, and maybe some track days as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I just don’t understand why so many people upgrade their turbo’s , nozzles, 26 psi + tune,along with lsd, and drive like a old fart. What’s the point, am I missing something. I thought the reason we upgrade, is to enjoy, surprise a few people along the way, do some spirited driving, and maybe some track days as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To each his own, but you can best believe THIS GUY..... is gonna “enjoy” his hard earned money! Lol

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Easy to spot a granny driver vs an aggressive one, just crack open hose at intercooler and if you see a lot of oil lingering there, that's the granny D, and if you see it clean and no oil that's the aggressive one.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Easy to spot a granny driver vs an aggressive one, just crack open hose at intercooler and if you see a lot of oil lingering there, that's the granny D, and if you see it clean and no oil that's the aggressive one.
Let me go check my intercooler before the GTB1756 gets installed

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Pls let me know how the hook up to the downpipe is going to end up, I know inlet and outlet supposed to be plug and play, if you upgrade elbows but I don't know about exhaust

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
swapmeat,
Pm me if you want some detail on the catchcan I installed.
I'm also interested in the downpipe conversion flange.

I know gottuned includes an adapter, my question is;
Does it need to be welded on to one's existing DP?
Cheers!

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes. From what I received it needs to be welded on. Gonna try to line stuff up on lunch

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
To anyone wondering , this gtb turbo matches up to downpipe. Just need to cut your flange off and weld the one supplied with turbo on.