Timing Belt changing parts

SRHeer

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf - 2001 Beetle
Timing Belt change and best parts to get

I just got a 2003 Jetta TDI wagon and have a Contitech timing belt TB043 - PN 068 109 119E along with original VW part tensioner - KW-11-411584 PN 038 109 243 N - with these being replaced I am looking for the other roller and water pump source.
What and where are the best places to purchase from?
I may just wind up getting the whole kit if it is just as costly - also for the water pump I have heard the metal impeller is best - please recommend - thanks!

Last edited:

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Yes the metal one is highly recommend.
Personally I just get the kits as everything’s there and if there’s any improvements you will get the latest.......also if a problem with a defective part you will have a better recourse.
The ones I use are

Metalman parts
IDPARTS
Franko6
Dieselgeek
Kerma

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Yes the metal one is highly recommend.

Personally I just get the kits as everything’s there and if there’s any improvements you will get the latest.......also if a problem with a defective part you will have a better recourse.

The ones I use are

Metalman parts

IDPARTS

Franko6

Dieselgeek

Kerma
If you're going to do it all, get it all together.
I second the vendors. The kits definitely make it easier to know you're getting what you need!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
The other upside of going with a kit from the likes of IDparts, CascadeGerman, or the other above-mentioned vendors, is that they typically include (for a much-better-than-dealer price) the single-use bolts and often many others that are "good idea to replace".

Last edited:

SRHeer

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf - 2001 Beetle
Thanks for help - I ordered the 100k milage kit from idparts - stay safe - thats why I got the 2003 - it has eyebrow and pillar and seat air bags that supposedly are safer for one as they deploy in a side on crash - take care