02 Beetle 2.0 Brake Fluid Goes Missing

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Twice in six months the brake light beeps at me. Fluid is at the min level so I top it off, second time was today. Put car on lift, cannot find any moist areas. Where is it going? Brakes work great....for now :D

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
have to have someone in the car while its on the lift and stand on the breaks. you have a drip somewhere. is your master itself leaking? can break fluid be seen with uv light? would adding a bit of uv die to it be harmful to the system?Have you checked pad thickness?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Rack might be leaking a little, and fluid could be collecting in the tie rod boots. Give them a squeeze. My son's Golf has disappeared a small amount of fluid on a irregular basis for the past year, but no sign of leak either. We've probably only added about 4 oz total, however.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Pull the booster vacuum tube off, the back seal of the master cylinder may be bad, and it is being drawn into the booster, and will eventually get sucked into the engine's intake manifold.

You may have to take a long piece of something and snake it into the booster hole towards the bottom to see if it is wet, since the hole is halfway up the side.