PC 3.0 Fix Approved by EPA/CARB

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Was once told dealers used the "black book".
You can plug VIN# here:
https://www.thinkbank.com/black-book/

For my 2014 Q5 TDI, trade-in value is $27,875/$26,300/$22,300
for Clean/Average/Rough.

KBB provides the following: $24,449/$22,254/$20,664 for
Excellent/Good/Fair. They are 10-15% lower than the black book, if the black book has any value to us.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
That website shows about the same as KBB on mine. It doesn’t give me the option to select the driver assist package as an option, but $35,100 is their trade value without it. It shows retail at $40,600. It shows the MSRP was $57,500 but it was a little over $62,000 on the sticker.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I got mine back and dropped my wife’s off. It’s 70°F right now and it’s burning a lot of DEF at idle. The low end seems to rev quick and it’s a little bit louder.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Was once told dealers used the "black book".
You can plug VIN# here:
https://www.thinkbank.com/black-book/

For my 2014 Q5 TDI, trade-in value is $27,875/$26,300/$22,300
for Clean/Average/Rough.

KBB provides the following: $24,449/$22,254/$20,664 for
Excellent/Good/Fair. They are 10-15% lower than the black book, if the black book has any value to us.
The only thing dealers use nowadays is the Manheim wholesale auction results. That way they know what they can get for the car if they want to dump it at Manheim or to one of their go-to used car dealers that feed off the dealerships. Consumers have no access to the Manheim info that is available to dealers only.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
I got mine back and dropped my wife’s off. It’s 70°F right now and it’s burning a lot of DEF at idle. The low end seems to rev quick and it’s a little bit louder.
How do you know about the DEF burning. And which vehicle?

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
It’s a 2014 Q5 TDI. You can smell it burning. It’s very strong.
Do you set the auto shutoff to shut the engine off at idle/stop?
My wife hates that feature, but I like it. Saves a bit of fuel, and reduces emissions. If I am in stop and go traffic, I turn it off.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Random question that may not fit in here. Jeep, owned by Fiat Chrysler, is currently in negotiations on how to handle their defeat software with the EPA. There is a meeting later this month, and fixes should start to roll out in May of 2018.
If I bought a certified Jeep EcoDiesel subject to recall this month, is there a good chance that would I be eligible for any compensation, based on what happened with VW/Audi?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Random question that may not fit in here. Jeep, owned by Fiat Chrysler, is currently in negotiations on how to handle their defeat software with the EPA. There is a meeting later this month, and fixes should start to roll out in May of 2018.
If I bought a certified Jeep EcoDiesel subject to recall this month, is there a good chance that would I be eligible for any compensation, based on what happened with VW/Audi?
I don't think so. Just like VW Canadian settlement left no opportunity for flippers

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
This morning I noticed that when the emissions repair was done that all of the vcds mods I did were wiped. I’ll have to reprogram all of them today.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
This morning I noticed that when the emissions repair was done that all of the vcds mods I did were wiped. I’ll have to reprogram all of them today.
What are vod mods?

By the way, while idling this morning (I have not had the fix yet), I noticed the smell of burning urea. When it is extremely cold, the auto shutoff feature does not usually activate.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I leave auto shutoff turned off. It was 70° when I picked up my car and it was burning a lot of urea. The money was in my account this morning.